Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i just replaced the mfd on my 2005 pug 407 with the original mfd from Peugeot, its the one with the black case made by johnson controls. after plaugging in the mfd i just get the date and time and no data. when accessing both pp2000 and diagbox to configure the options i get programing failed. so i used diagbox option new vehicle delivery and i installed the rt3 radio and now the mfd works and shows radio and cd data howver the trip computer, climate control and phone controls are not working. i tried changing them in diagbox options but i get programing faliure can anyone help me

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
hi guys i just replaced the mfd on my 2005 pug 407 with the original mfd from Peugeot, its the one with the black case made by johnson controls. after plaugging in the mfd i just get the date and time and no data. when accessing both pp2000 and diagbox to configure the options i get programing failed. so i used diagbox option new vehicle delivery and i installed the rt3 radio and now the mfd works and shows radio and cd data howver the trip computer, climate control and phone controls are not working. i tried changing them in diagbox options but i get programing faliure can anyone help me
Have you checked the phone, climate & trip computer are still enabled ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi storeman

The trip climate phone and outside temp. Are absent in the mfd config page when I try changing them to present and then programming I get a program failure message is there an option to enable them somewhere other than the mfd config page.. Thanx

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
have you still got the old faulty display as I would love to look at a faulty one to try fix I would then send back to you for free for you to test

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Hi storeman

The trip climate phone and outside temp. Are absent in the mfd config page when I try changing them to present and then programming I get a program failure message is there an option to enable them somewhere other than the mfd config page.. Thanx
Are you pressing the F5 (I think it's F6) key to write the changed to the ECU ? It's a step I sometimes forget.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi storeman

Yes I am pressing the F5 button thats when i get the error message program failure instead of program carried out

·
Registered
49 Posts
have you still got the old faulty display as I would love to look at a faulty one to try fix I would then send back to you for free for you to test
Trustme ........ I still have my old faulty display if ypu want to play about with it .
Be intersting to see what you can do with it

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Will post to you in the morning Graeme.
Good luck with trying to sort it
Steve
Sorry cant return your Pm as havent posted 20 yet
ok I look forward to having a go at this, also if this works I will do a couple more for free if people cover the postage just to make sure they do work and last, then after that I will charge a small fee for my time

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this problem when trying to configure my new display on my 2006 407...

The solution was a software update at the dealer....apparently the new unit runs on later software in my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts