Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to part ex our fantastic 508 for a 4007 a few weeks ago, I was really reluctant but due new ownership of a caravan we needed something with a higher towing capacity.

I must say I'm very pleased with the 4007, we went for the highest spec GT model with full leather and sat nav.

Because the car is out of manufacturers warranty I decided to plug in PP and have a play.

First I fixed a Bluetooth issue which was easily resolved by clearing the faults. Then I turned off the DRLs because it uses the Xenon lamps which means they are on all the time which I think is crazy. I'm still trying to find an option to switch the DRL's to the fog lights which I'm updating to use LEDs.

I've so far changed the internal lights to LEDs which looks so much better and the number plate illumination.

My best addition yet is to add Bluetooth music streaming, this works really well and cost less than £40 but did require a bit of effort. The music is streamed from my phone or ipod to a small BT receiver which then passes the sound into the AUX input so it comes through the car speakers.

All in all I'm very pleased with the 4007, it's a shame this forum doesn't have much activity (maybe that's a good thing) I tend to use the Mitsubishi forum for most of the info.

·
Registered
424 Posts
got any pics? you don't get many 4007s around, I'm guessing that's why forum activity is lacking

I've driven a couple of them before when they were first out and I have to say I really liked them

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hopefully the forum activity will increase as i intend to post any useful info. I must admit the number of 4007's on the road is small but im a big fan of the looks and i may be bias but i dont think from the front view it ages as fast as the japanese stuff. To be honest from the back as an outlander it still looks good and not so different from the jeeps coming out.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi, i'm a new member to this site with a problem with my 308 but also have a 4007 which we use to tow our caravan. Had it re mapped 2 years ago to 193 BHP what a difference in performance and fuel economy. Economy only comes with keeping your foot off the loud pedal though. Had it 3 years now & been thrilled to bits with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts