Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2014 308 feline and I'm just wondering about 2 things.

1) Do peugeot not supply cars with locking wheel nuts? I don't have a key or locking nuts in the alloys.

2) What's the point of the inverter in the back of the centre console? It's not a UK plug lol.

·
Registered
978 Posts
1) Sounds like someone has taken the locking nuts off and replaced them with standard nuts. This is something that I've done with every car I've had that came with them on. They're a PITA as if the pins in the key lose their grip then you have a real problem. Garages and tyre fitters are the worst if they use a rattle gun as that exacerbates the pin wear problem.

2) I haven't got one so I can't be sure. Maybe it wasn't worthwhile for PSA to make a special version for the UK?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) Sounds like someone has taken the locking nuts off and replaced them with standard nuts. This is something that I've done with every car I've had that came with them on. They're a PITA as if the pins in the key lose their grip then you have a real problem. Garages and tyre fitters are the worst if they use a rattle gun as that exacerbates the pin wear problem.

2) I haven't got one so I can't be sure. Maybe it wasn't worthwhile for PSA to make a special version for the UK?
I like having locking wheel nuts on though. It's a small deterrent really. I'll contact the garage I brought it from and ask them about it.

Always used impact guns air or battery on mine and never had a problem with em. But then again this is the first peugeot I've owened. But hammer a old socket onto a stuck locking wheel nut. It'll wreck your socket like.

Guess I'll just stick a electric razor in to have a shave then ha

·
Registered
978 Posts
But hammer a old socket onto a stuck locking wheel nut. It'll wreck your socket like.
That won't work with the PSA type locking nuts. My daughter had a 206 some time ago and after a garage had changed the clutch we couldn't undo the front ones, the key kept slipping. They had to drill the locking nuts (they're bolts actually) off in the end.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
The invertor socket is a continental 2 pin, not the same as a UK shaver plug.
I thought it was an optional extra, so the previous owner must have wanted one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts