Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I suspect its a box that has been swapped somewhere. As it does Android auto, carplay. I noticed in the press shots the other week the sat nav has become 3d. Its provided by Tom Tom I believe. Looking at the dash the screen looks the same. The gear stick on the GT looks much better. Just missing a complete electronic dash and a head up display...

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'd be mega interested in upgrading to get Android Auto. They should be marketing the upgrade they would make a fortune! Should only be the smeg unit which would need swapping out as the screen itself could easily support it.

You can retrofit old 208s with Smeg + IV2 to get CarPlay. So it should be straight forward.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ofc, the screen has to be replaced and the headunit inclusive those buttons on the steeringwheel, planing to wait a while until somebody crash so i Can pickup the hardware at the scrapyard

·
Registered
380 Posts
Two pictures of the "new" interior and it would appear the only difference us the screen and obviously the smeg unit behind. Should b a piece of cake to upgrade if you get the parts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was this already fitted to the car or have you upgraded the old system?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was already flitted ;)

But the worst thing is although I had Android Auto and Apple CarPlay I have the Android Auto app blocked in the Portuguese Google Store and I don't have an IPhone...

Two useless options for me

Enviado do meu Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Haha that is unlucky mate. Is there no way around it? Can you not create a new account? :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've try to download the Android Auto app from another source but has a problem connecting to Google services...

But I will try with my wife Samsung S7 to see if I can get something. :)

Enviado do meu Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
It was already flitted ;)

But the worst thing is although I had Android Auto and Apple CarPlay I have the Android Auto app blocked in the Portuguese Google Store and I don't have an IPhone...

Two useless options for me

Why not buy another region phone from MediaMarkt maybe. Perhaps a small trip to Spain. Is it that the phone is not compatible? I know I have had in past had Android apps not work with older or obscure phones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My phone it's an Alcatel Idol 4 and I am pretty sure that it can run Android Auto.

However I can't change the store location using VPN I don't know why :/

I bought it unlocked in the Media Markt curiously.

Enviado do meu 6055K através do Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts