Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I literally just bought my little family a very used 2005 307 SW SE 1.6HDI 110bhp today.

Upon getting it home and starting it up to go fill the tank I got a "Risk of Particle Filter Blocking" message.

I am very hands on with tools and build motorbikes etc, so tool work is not an issue, however I have never owned a diesel, nor a turbo car so their issues are new to me.

I see all these posts about DPF and Peugeot Planet and Galletto stuff... Basically is there anyone in the Wiltshire area with Peugeot Planet or knowledge that is willing to help? I really dont want to take this to a Peugeot garage and get charged an arm and a leg to have them hook a computer up to it. Im not very PC savy and could use some friendly help.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres my engine, yes i know I'm missing a washer fluid cap.

Now lets play a game called what the heck am I...

And if you look at the engine this is how covered in soot it is.

And if someone could tell me what is in the red circle, it seems to be extremely loose and a possible cause of soot?

·
11,731 Posts
The unidentified part I think is the air doser.

The soot issue is common, there is an improved clamp available from the dealers.

Can't identify the part of the engine of your last picture.

On the sooty picture, do you see the plastic air intake pipe? Do you see the bit of orange in it? That's a rubber sleeve and can split over time or if the jubilee clip is over-tightened. A replacement is only around a tenner, so well worth checking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just had a member try and access ecu with PP and it came back with a message in regards to engine doesn't match ecu, can anyone advise?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Any other members local?
it was me that looked at it today. im no expert on planet though. it read the bsi fine. but most of the time it came back saying cant communicate with ecu when trying the engine ecu but a couple of times when it did manage to communicate it would come up with something like engine ecu and engine not matched. compared to my 307 there was very limited options on what i could do and was not able to do a global scan. tried on diagbox but as i started a global scan it asked me for my registration details which i canceled out of and it just came back as not being able to communicate with any ecu but think thats down to diagbox not the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I just notice the previous owner put electrical tape INSIDE the instrument cluster over the service engine and emissions system lights.

And yep they're on.

Can anyone help me read this ecu?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I hope you have an appointment with his windows with some house bricks.
If I lived in Bedfordshire maybe I would. Unfortunately I drove 2 1/2 hours to get this car.

Im starting to think Gibbo that you're the only one thats seeing my messages. Surely theres gotta be someone in Wiltshire that has a Peugeot Planet that would wanna help me.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Just seen wurths diesel particle filter cleaner put a 407 filter load from 75% load to 15% load ,
Local dealer using it .
Think around £25/£30 tin , put whole tin into pipe leading to dpf then let car tick over , whole place turns black lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I managed to get the OBD plug out to examine it and low and behold, wonder if this is causing some issues.

Anyone know where I can find the factory wiring for the OBD plug to find out how this should be wired?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts