Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. After owning a 91 Saab for nearly 4 years, I've decided to change to another car. One of the cars I've looked at is the 2006 307 XSE HDi hatch. It has style, performance (not bad for a desiel, well, according to the brochure anyway), and the economy fuel consumption. However, I've heard from a friend of a friend of a friend !! who worked in the industry that apart from the great desiel engine, the rest of the car, especially the electrical system is a bit doggy. Is it true? (for all european cars) Please help!......Anyone?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not heard any reports along those lines, other than the early models having radio / stereo problems. I believe that has now been fixed.

Any information would be welcomed, as we are also looking at the 307 Hdi Touring model for this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The wonderful Peugeot 307

The 15 safety recalls in the U.K. so far

The wonderful 307 HDI with electric power steering pump that catches fire.

The wonderful 307 with ABS that also catches fire & forces Peugeot U.K. to recall every single 307 they have sold.

The wonderful HDI engine in the 307 with its dual mass flywheel that fails & leaves the unlucky owner with a massive repair bill if it fails outside of the warranty period.

The wonderful 307 with a radio that keeps failing, Ever 307 owner ive ever spoken to has had at least 3 radios replaced under warranty.

The 307 is the WORST car Peugeot has made in a long long time, But it does keep a few of my friends in bonus money while they carry out all the recalls. Shall I go on?

·
Registered
862 Posts
bby said:
The wonderful Peugeot 307

The 15 safety recalls in the U.K. so far

The wonderful 307 HDI with electric power steering pump that catches fire.

The wonderful 307 with ABS that also catches fire & forces Peugeot U.K. to recall every single 307 they have sold.

The wonderful HDI engine in the 307 with its dual mass flywheel that fails & leaves the unlucky owner with a massive repair bill if it fails outside of the warranty period.

The wonderful 307 with a radio that keeps failing, Ever 307 owner ive ever spoken to has had at least 3 radios replaced under warranty.

The 307 is the WORST car Peugeot has made in a long long time, But it does keep a few of my friends in bonus money while they carry out all the recalls. Shall I go on?

Go on to any forum and you will see messages like this. A lot of people but by no means all will only use forums when they have a problem,it is easier to find fault and complain rather than praise. All manafacturers are guilty of recalls,lost count of how many the focus has had,as for fiat?? Yes the car has had some problems but the newer ones are a lot better. I have placed a "sticky" with a list of the recalls to date for the 307.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Shut Up Bby....

You Must Own A Hyundai Because Peugeots Are The Best On The Market Apart From Bmw And Audi, They Are Reliable Comfortable Fully Equipped And Excellent To Drive Especially The 307 Hdi, It's Also The Only Car Mated To A Flawless 6 Speed Auto.

Just To Reassure All Of You Out There I Used To Work For Bosch Automotive Australia And We Had Built Components For Psa From Our Headquarters And I Can Assure You All Bosch Parts Meet Stringent Safety Guidlines With Most Of The Faults Reported Being By After Market Accessories Such As The Cd Stacker And Non Genuine Bosch Reverse Sensors.

Under No Circumstances Has Any Bosch Part Caught Fire Or Possed A Risk.

General Motors, Ford, Crysler Mercedes, Hyundai, Have All Reported Engine Fires From Dodgey American Components, So To Say That Psa Who Have Been Making Cars From Decades Producing Awful And Dangerous Vehicles, You Are Out Of Line.

The Current 307 Is An Engineering Milestone With A Multiplexed Computer System Mass Produced On A Sub 100,000 Dollar Vehicle,
I'm Not Saying That There Perfect Cars But By No Means Are They Below Other Manufacturers.

Await Your Critique Of My Peugeot Appraisal.......

·
Registered
862 Posts
:iagree: Dont think he will reply to that one. I have NEVER heard or seen of ANY pug suffering fire damage from ANY of their components fitted as standard thanx john.:thumb:

·
Registered
41 Posts
teasley said:
Hi everyone. After owning a 91 Saab for nearly 4 years, I've decided to change to another car. One of the cars I've looked at is the 2006 307 XSE HDi hatch. It has style, performance (not bad for a desiel, well, according to the brochure anyway), and the economy fuel consumption. However, I've heard from a friend of a friend of a friend !! who worked in the industry that apart from the great desiel engine, the rest of the car, especially the electrical system is a bit doggy. Is it true? (for all european cars) Please help!......Anyone?

unrealted, but SAABs are most overpriced cars..
screw the JET theory

·
Registered
1 Posts
307 engine fire

My 55 plate 307cc has just gone up in flames. For a period of one year the ABS and ESP lights continually came on. The dealership could not find fault with the car. Following the recall last year the AS switch was replaced. Six months out of warranty i had an engine fire, the assessor has said that the base of the fire started in the region of the ABS.

You guessed it, Peugeot UK do not want to know. They were confused as to why i called them!!!

I am sure that Peugeot are no different to any other dealership, but i am completely amased as to the arrogance of the customer service representative. He was almost laughing when he said that i couldnt prove it was Peugeot fault as the car had "gone up in flames""

SHAME ON YOU PEUGEOT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts