Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just bought the as mentioned car.
I have previously owned a 2.0hdi 307 hatchback

I have a slight problem where the cooling fan comes on full speed for 5-10 min after the engine has stopped. Even when its not even reaching 90 on the temp gauge. Thought it may have been the DPF regen cycle but took for a 50 mile drive and back again and did it again when i pulled up. Not all the time though

I also have water in the passenger footwell. Drainage points look clear and going to check on this again as I'm sure there are bits more coming through still.

The last thing is it is very slow. Is this normal? Anything below 2.5k revs seems to have no pull at all. Turbo is nowhere near as loud as the 2.0hdi one was i had. Took butterfly valve on a fair bit of oil on it but not clogged up or as filthy as some cars I've had

·
Registered
4,777 Posts

I have a slight problem where the cooling fan comes on full speed for 5-10 min after the engine has stopped. Even when its not even reaching 90 on the temp gauge. Thought it may have been the DPF regen cycle but took for a 50 mile drive and back again and did it again when i pulled up. Not all the time though

I also have water in the passenger footwell. Drainage points look clear and going to check on this again as I'm sure there are bits more coming through still.

The last thing is it is very slow. Is this normal? Anything below 2.5k revs seems to have no pull at all. Turbo is nowhere near as loud as the 2.0hdi one was i had. Took butterfly valve on a fair bit of oil on it but not clogged up or as filthy as some cars I've had
water might be causing problems with bsi check to see where this is coming from check windscreen sealant for leaks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did you drive it during that 50 miles? It needs to be at least 3500 rpm for 15-20 minutes to regen.
Motorway and alot of country B roads so should have been fine. Also it does look like the dealer had tried to unblock the drainage points as the plastic is cracked a bit and the vent missing from that side. All points look clear.

Water does drip from where the arch liner joins to the sill from underneath the plastic so looks like its holding it there

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It may well be that still then. Il check next time I go on a long drive. Any answer to my other questions?
Also been out. Dried the car and poured water all over and can't see anymore leaks but we 'll see when we have next rain fall

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll soon find out when it rains in a couple of days :p Its more the power thing I wonder about more now. Really doesnt pull under 2.5k revs

P

·
0 Posts

Check all drainage holes and check the plastic on the windscreen is sat properly. Once the underlay under carpet is wet, you will never dry it out. Soaks water like a sponge.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unplug the MAF electrical connector and take it for a drive.
That will cause it to drive sh*te won't it?

Also about the underlay - I realised its like a sponge. I pulled it out and had it out on washing line for last 2 days to dry it :p

P

·
0 Posts
That will cause it to drive sh*te won't it?

Also about the underlay - I realised its like a sponge. I pulled it out and had it out on washing line for last 2 days to dry it :p
Your lucky, mine had completely drowned itself. Felt like i was pulling wet hair out:eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, now I've had the car a bit longer and been reading more.
The car drives a bit poo when the fan is on.
Which is leading me to believe it is to do with the dpf regen.
Any way of forcing the car to enter regen without pp2000?
Also what do I need to do for it because everywhere says different things.

Also going to look at buying lexia 3 leads, can anyone point me to a download for the software?

Fan has come on for all last 3 journeys I've done. etting rather annoying

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Unplug the MAF electrical connector and take it for a drive.
is there any tell tale signs in planet. i disconnected my missus maf sensor and didnt really notice a difference.

trouble is shes happy enough for the car as it is so i dont want to spend money for no real gain to her

·
11,725 Posts
is there any tell tale signs in planet. i disconnected my missus maf sensor and didnt really notice a difference.

trouble is shes happy enough for the car as it is so i dont want to spend money for no real gain to her
Yep, a fault code P0101 - P0104.

Replacing it if its faulty will improve your MPG.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts