Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i bought a 2003 307 hdi 110 last Thursday from a local garage for £3000. It has 60,000 miles 1 owner fsh. Been driving round for the past few days really enjoying the car, even done a 200 mile round trip to check economy & reliability and all seemed fine.
However today i had to do a 20 mile trip & was on my own so put me foot down to "see what it would do" so to speak.
As i came onto the motorway slip road, left it in 3rd to give it a bit of a whirr & suddenly all power went & engine manegment light came on!
1st, 2nd & 3rd all had no power after 2000rpm but once in 5th could get upto 70 (just).
My friend owns a garage so called to see him & he put it on his Snap-on Diagnostic.

The Fault Codes were:
P1537 - Intake manifold runner control (Bank 1) Stuck open EDC15C2 - Accelerator pedal jammed. Strategy activated.
P1448 - ELC system 2 fault EDC15C2 PEF: Particulate emission filter overloaded.
P1447 - ELC system closure valve Flow fault EDC15C2 - PEF filter pierced or differential pressure incorrect. / PEF: Particle emission filter. Clogged particle filter.

Has anyone any idea what they could be? The car has a RAC Gold Warranty but the Garage don't seem interested now they have had my money!
It is due the 60.000 mile service now too.
Thanks, Anthemmaster.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Take the car back, the minimum it will cost you for the FAP to be changed is £400. You can remove it or gut it but you shouldn't have to do this after just 5 days. It is quite clear that the fault was with the car prior to purchase and you usually find that the limp mode kicks in when you try to put the boot down. Reject the car or tell them to replace the filter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I have only just bought it, so do you think the garage should replace it or will it be covered under warranty?
Its, gone off again now. But soon as i put my foot down it comes back on.
Thanks, Anthemmaster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I previously owned a Stilo Abarth and after 2 weeks the Selespeed pump went. The garage refused to take it back & the CAB said i didn't have a leg to stand on.
Eventually cost me 2 Grand to fix!!
It went again the other week after 5yrs of owning so decided to scrap it(even though it is in mint condition, apart from jumps outta gear now and again).
I bought the 307 as it was 1 owner, full service, hpi clear etc,i even got my own M.o.T done & it flew through.
Its on Finance ive only paid 250 deposit & 12 months tax so far.
Looks like iv'e bought a load of new problems. :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
If the RAC warranty covers you for the work then that's great, if of course the garage don't do something else about it.

Otherwise my opinion about the DPF (aka FAP/particulate filter), from experience, is definitely go down the route of removing it rather than paying hundreds to get it replaced etc. After a few years of recurring headaches with our 2002 307HDi, I'm so glad to be (almost) rid of the DPF problems that I've shelled out a load of money trying to get sorted.

Where abouts are you based? You may have people near you who can help with removing it if that's the route you take

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Based in Chester, there was a choice of 2 aswell. The other was an xsi 136hp on a 04, but it was £4300. Same spec on mine, just less miles & less hp. Or so i thought!!
Interested in removing the filter thing if the garage wont help.
& thanks for the replies so far from everyone, much appreciated.
Anthemmaster.

·
Registered
70 Posts
take it back as said, if they get funny get trading standerd on them get some legal rights. make sure you have all the paper work ETC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts