Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am a new member, I have recently bought a 2005 307 HDI SE 1.6, it has 150k on the clock, I already have issues with 'depollution system faulty' which has turned on the engine warning light. But the car seems otherwise in good nick.

I am thinking about buying a diagnostic scanner- could someone please suggest where from.

Also, what is peugeot planet, how do i get it and how will it help me...

I am a DIY man, i prefer to do as much as is possible myself, partly to save money but also because i love getting my hands dirty and getting to know my car...

look forward to hearing from you

joeyd

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
peugeot planet aka lexia...can be bought on ebay for around £120, comes from china as they are clones, but work just as the real thing.

the planet is a dealership diagnostic tool and can only work (as far as i am aware) on citroens and peugeots. it talks with the various ecus to diagnose any faults and tells you what it is.

you can also add things such as cruise control and trip computer :thumb:

thats the basics.

J

·
0 Posts
I'm interested in getting this but why would they specifically say it dont work with 307s?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
mine did aswell on ebay...trust me it works fine :thumb: the sellers tend not to own peugeots and fully understand the system

J

·
0 Posts
Fair enough if you can vouch it works, just bothers me that they specifically said it wouldn't work with the 307 rather than saying it wont work with some Peugeot models.

·
Registered
92 Posts
john h did you get yours from the seller that claims they don't work with the 307, if not has anyone bought from him and found it to work , Can anyone reccomend a supplier of these that work with 307's and C5's, ( I have both ) The other problem I have is that my laptop has Windows 7 so thats me buggered thrice.:confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Depending on which version of Windows 7 you have, there are options within it to run programs in other versions of Windows, i.e. XP. Not sure if these will work in this way though? Anybody ever tried?

J

·
0 Posts
As long as you have the professional version which runs compatibility mode you'll be ok

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks jazz. I have 7 profesional but I'd like to hear from someone who has run this on 7 before I buy or where to get the software to install on my laptop to check . honest I'm better with spanners than computers. John.

J

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
john h did you get yours from the seller that claims they don't work with the 307, if not has anyone bought from him and found it to work , Can anyone reccomend a supplier of these that work with 307's and C5's, ( I have both ) The other problem I have is that my laptop has Windows 7 so thats me buggered thrice.:confused:
sorry for late reply, work pcs being a pain....stupid BT!

anyways yeah i got mine from a seller in hong kong, who said it will not work with 307 and some other models of peugeots such as Hdi's. worked perfectly on my 307 and on trem1's 407 and kembiff's. so i would say yeah they dont know what they saying it wont work for.

i had windows 7 with planet on, but had to use "vmware player". its basically the same as the one mentioned by jazz...but more user friendly :thumb: i beleive it has been updated to diagbox now, so it will be able to do all the current and old range of the peugeots and citroens:thumb:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so whats a good price for a lexia peugeot kit?

ive been offered 95 for the kit from a guy in bristol....i take it all i need is a xp computer and the software comes with the cables...?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts