Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My Clarion CD Unit eventually went to CD heaven so I bought a new Ministry Of Sound unit, due to the fact it plays from SD/MMC & USB Device (kids keep scratching CD's :) )

I got it fitted no problem as it was just a case of plugging in the ISO unit's and buying an aerial adaptor, now I know I've lost the use of the steering wheel control as it's not compatible but I've found that everytime I turn it off/remove front it loses stored radio settings and volume/bass/treble etc. I've checked the wires but nothing seems a miss, do I need to do somethinge else?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
256 Posts
With new peugeots the multiplex wiring will inhibit any aftermarket installation regardless of what the so called experts say, because their is no accessories line on the ignition key interface, so battery supply is controlled by the cars onboard computer, so actually trying to get an aftemarket system to communicate with the genuine oem system is like to trying to get George bush and Osama bin laden in the same room.....

I designed a similar unit to peugeots system on another car and found after buying my new 307 that the poor soul who buys my old car will fall in to the same path as you have,so Ihave changed it for them. Unfortunately if I'm way off then I have another solution. Get ignition positive from behind the stereo system , then get yourself about 3meters of wiring and get a constant 12 volt supply say from the cars boot light open, try the stereo if the same problem keeps occuring then your unit is stuffed, if the system works then get new unregulated battery supply from fuse box but make sure it's before any input connection to the peugeot BCU system.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
in the harness, you may have fitted the iso adaptor onto the loom in order to fit your headunit. within the aftermarket wiring you will notice a red and a yellow cable. on these cables is a connection surrounded in a rubber boot (heatshrink)
pull both the red and yellow apart.

plug the red from the radio into the yellow wire on loom and yellow wire from radio into the red wire on loom.

if there is no plug, cut, stip and connect.

this will sort your problem out. :thumb:

as regarding the stalk, have a look through the specs and see if it remote capable if so, get yourself PC99-x44 and the relevant smaller cable.

if you are not sure give me the make and model and ill tell you what you need :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Listen to John, he was good help for me :D

Does your radio stay on when you turn the ignition off? I still have that problem. I've been given advice from John, and Daffy, but I've still gotta take the thing out and get my head around what they're saying..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts