Peugeot Forums banner

New 3008 Sat Nav.

8K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  denzel 
#1 ·
I am planning to buy a new 3008 (Allure) later this year. Does it include a Speed Camera database (UK) & if so what is it like.

John

#14 ·
Thanks for that. Had a look at TomTom Live services web site and it does have a camera database as an add on. Pity it is TomTom - I experienced their safety cameras back in 2009/10. Not unusual to pass a fixed camera without getting a warning even on ones that had been there for years.
I reported some to TomTom without any effect.
John.

#3 ·
Sadly it doesn't but it is available as a cost addition to the tom tom services.

The car does support carplay and android auto so you could use either of these to alert you through the audio of the car. Tom Tom even do a free android app.

#4 ·
How do you get speed camera alerts through CarPlay pinkaardvark, does it include all speed traps or just fixed cameras. I have an Aguri speedway in my current car but it doesn't look great sitting up on the dash

#9 · (Edited)
Waze does not work with Android Auto yet but they announced that a beta testing program will begin in the near future. I signed up for it so hope to have more news soon.

Google now owns Waze which probably explains why it's going to be the first nav app after google maps to be approved for Android Auto. Apple tend to be a lot more restrictive than Android so can't see them being too keen to approve Waze for carplay (or any other nav app) especially as it's now owned by their arch rival!

#17 ·
I love the fact that the speed limit recognition can adjust the cruise control / limiter on the 3008.

Could not link the two on my current qashqui so agreed this will be helpful.

I'm a careful driver and (touch wood!) have never been caught by a speed camera. My wife's juke has these warnings and I find them quite distracting!!! Can understand why some would want them though.

#26 ·
A quick question....can you highlight a point on the map and then save it as a favourite place I.e. I want to put my sisters location in but like a lot of rural addresses in France they don't have a house number or name and the road is just known by its number.

#29 ·
Thanks Dautres, like you I don't need it for directions but use it mainly for time and distance remaining. When I get the live services up and running it will be handy to check amenities along the way.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

#31 ·
One problem I have is that the Sat Nav route never takes me by my favoured route and I get constant nags to change direction. The only way I can overcome this is to set numerous way points which is time consuming but once set can be saved for future use.

#30 ·
With my GO6000 you spread the map for the general area, find the specific point you want, hold your finger on that point and then select the 'favourites' option and name it.
(I'm not put off by the look of a stand alone satnav and will probably keep using mine until it becomes obsolete.
Effectively $40/year gives me free everything so if the manufacturers keep their compromises I might go again.
Being able to plan a tortuous tourist route from a map on a table makes the removable unit preferable for me, rather than fiddling with the inbuilt unit and trying to juggle a map as well)

#33 ·
Being able to plan a tortuous tourist route from a map on a table makes the removable unit preferable for me, rather than fiddling with the inbuilt unit and trying to juggle a map as well)
This thread came back to the top and I just re-read the last few posts to regain context. Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, but is it possible to plan routes off-line on a PC/Mac and then transfer to the car on a USB stick?

Ade

#34 ·
Not that I'm aware of Ade. What would be useful is being able to send planned routes directly to the car from your PC/Device as you can with BMW's and some other vehicles. Hopefully future updates to the Peugeot software might make this possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.