Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just over a month ago, I bought a brand new
'Peugeot 3008 Allure Blue HDi S/S Auto' for my wife from a London dealer and liked what I saw, including Sat Nav, Heads-Up Display, Panoramic fixed sun roof, etc... It was registered originally on 28th Feb 2017 and had briefly been used as a demo car, but only had less than 200 miles on the clock, so my wife was delighted with the car.
We were told all sorts by the enthusiastic young salesman about the car and it ticked all our boxes for safe use, with one of the most important being Voice control for hands free Mobile phone use which the salesman assured me it had!

1) Firstly, immediately we got home, we noticed that the belt buckle on the middle seat belt on the back seat was missing! I immediately took the car to my local Peugeot dealer, just down the road from where we live as the dealer I bought the car from was nearly 2 hours away and the local dealer took one confused look and stated that I need to let the dealer I bought the car from know of the missing buckle and if they authorised it, my local dealer (a different Peugeot company from where I bought it) would sort out the work.
So, I called the Salesman at the dealer I bought the car from and explained everything and he stated that my local dealer couldn't be authorised to do the work, as they are a different Peugeot company! So insisted that I must get it back to them, once they have the part, which they didn't!
I politely pointed out that before I agreed to buy the car, knowing I lived a long way off, I had specifically asked if I would be able to have all work which may arise undertaken at my local dealer and had mentioned who they were and was assured that I'd never have to come back to the Peugeot dealer I bought it from as I could use any Peugeot in the country as they are all Peugeot!
Interestingly enough, over a month later, I'm still waiting for the part to arrive at the Peugeot dealer I bought it from! So not only do I have the problem of the car having to go 2 hours away for a simple belt buckle which somebody forgot to fit when there is a Peugeot dealer on my doorstep, but I also have a car sold as a 5 seater which I've never been able to use as a 5 seater, as there's no seat belt buckle!

2) I have found that there's a loud servo noise when the electronic brake locks or unlocks..... quite a disturbing noise.... is that normal?

3) I've found that there is no Audio and Telematics guide with the car and although I've searched online extensively, cannot find any detailed guides to instruct me to use the audio and set up our phones for hands free use.

4) On the subject of manuals, I had the 'Basic Guide' book and the very short 'Ready to Go' guide supplied with the car, however, both those guides are clearly not for my model as almost nothing seems to be applicable, starting with the first page in seeing a totally different key. My key doesn't seem to have any of the facilities shown in both the guides and simply locks and unlocks the car! However, easily 80% to 90% of both the guides bear absolutely no relevance to our Peugeot!

5) It is imperative that we get hands free operation of the phones set up and despite being assured to a specific request, that there was 'full voice control' for the phones, it is becoming painfully clear that there is no such thing with the car!
I'm extremely annoyed at being misled, but would even be willing to accept no voice control if there was an alternative LEGAL and SAFE system of using the phone, but I really can't see it? Any ideas anybody? It is 2017 after all and I must say, one would expect a manufacturer to ensure that there is some legal way of making and receiving calls legally!

6) We love the 'Heads Up' display which slides up when the engine is started, as it ensures that we don't have to keep peering between the spokes of the steering wheel and think it's the very best thing in the car, but it would be nice to have some instructions to know how to adjust it!

7) Also, with all the main controls tucked in on stalks behind the steering wheel, does anybody else find it almost impossible to use them accurately and efficiently as they have to be used by 'feel' and I've probably driven the car more than my wife since we got it, due to the difficulties, but I'm still not used to it and yet have flown complex aircraft in the RN (Fleet Air Arm)! So I like to think that I'm not particularly an idiot in handling complex controls!

Sorry about the long rambling complaints, but I'm at my wits end with a brand new car and would just hand it back if I could and forget Peugeot....

So has anybody else had such issues and can anybody suggest what I should do from here to get some serious attention - preferably without having to drive 2 hours down the road and without having to resort to lawyers?

·
Registered
226 Posts
3) I found the following link to a manual I 'think' may be of help, it's a downloadable PDF ... https://carmanuals2.com/get/peugeot-3008-2016-owner-s-manual-101612

5) I can certainly say 'call Fred' after pressing the 'voice' button on the end of the lighting stalk, as long as Fred is in the address book. Hopefully the above manual shows how to pair phone with bluetooth.

6) The HUD can have it's brightness and position and front facing radar configured with the row of buttons in the middle of the dash, the above manual explains on page 147.

7) These are very easy to use and will become 'second nature' after driving the car for a little while (that's what I found anyway).

Have a read of the manual (hope it's the right one) and then come back if there is anything else that needs explaining (the manual does show about 4 different satnav/radio conbinations so you need to make sure you read the right one).

I think you will love the car when you get used to it :)

PS After you press the voice button you can say something like (from memory) help navigation or help voice command etc which helps quite a lot with voice commands :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell..... Really can't thank you enough for your help.
Just downloaded and looked through the manual you recommended and it's exactly what I needed! Why Peugeot can't do these simple things for new customers, instead of just grabbing the money and sending us out into the blue beyond I don't know?
I'm encouraged already and now just need to know what to do about the other issues!

By the way, do you also get a loud servo type noise when the brake is applied or released?

Many thanks once again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Paul, glad the above manual helped :) I can't say that I get a loud noise when the brake is dis/engaged, hopefully other people will comment on that as my 3008 is 2013 model so may be a little different. However any Peugeot dealer should be able to look at that for you under warranty if needed.

Enjoy the car, I am sure you will after getting used to it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tell..... once I get everything sorted, I'm sure that my wife will be much happier!
I'm afraid that I'm a Jag driver myself.... However, I am thinking of a new car over the next month or so as the Jag is 2006 model, so loving the gadgets on the new 2017 3008, may have been persuaded prior to all this messing around....... However, I really can't understand why they've done away with the wonderful HUD on the new model?
I know that they say that with the new display it's not needed, but having tried the new layout, I'm not persuaded. And they have a fixed position Digital Display (Sat Nav etc) on the new model, instead of it folding away!

·
Registered
226 Posts
However, I really can't understand why they've done away with the wonderful HUD on the new model?
I should be getting my new 3008 2017 next week (it's already in the country) but like you I absolutely love the HUD on the older model, in fact it was one of the reasons I originally bought it (not the only one but a big one). I really will be sad to see my existing 3008 go, I will also REALLY miss the split boot which I found so useful, hopefully you will like your 3008 as much as I liked mine :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
On the dealer aspect, you should be able to use any franchised Peugeot dealer. I bought my car from one and have another closer yo home and they've carried warranty work out no questions asked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the 2014 3008 and the electronic brake is loud when applied and released, just normal I think but louder than other cars I've owned.

I have complained in the past to Volvo head office and got very speedy response and resolution when my previous car's seatbelt was faulty. I said I hadn't paid £15000 to have a car sitting on my driveway that was unsafe to drive. It did the trick. Also the dealer's facebook page if there is one gets results. No-one likes bad publicity.

·
Registered
2017 2008 1.2 Auto petrol in metallic dark green
899 Posts
Yep, a loud servo noise on mine too - been told by my local dealer that they are all that loud.....Fobbing me off!! who knows? but its given me no problems and I've had it just coming up to the three years now.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts