Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting to grips with the I-Cockpit is fun. The instructions available are inadequate in the extreme, trial and error has been the way forward. I have finally learnt how to change the speed dial arrangement or at least thought I had then went to show it off to someone after saying how wonderful it was and the fluffing thing did not want to change!!! Has anyone else had issues?

· Registered
51 Posts
Loving the 3008, the i-cockput, and discovering all the features. Only little criticism is the trip computer.
I've set my heads up to personal, displaying driver assist and trip 1. I did expect the trip to reset to zero after a set duration after each journey, but this doesn't seem to be the case....unless I'm missing something?

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Loving the 3008, the i-cockput, and discovering all the features. Only little criticism is the trip computer.
I've set my heads up to personal, displaying driver assist and trip 1. I did expect the trip to reset to zero after a set duration after each journey, but this doesn't seem to be the case....unless I'm missing something?
My previous Peugeot (a 2008 Allure) worked the same as you described so I think that's normal. Have not used the trip setting on my 3008 yet

· Registered
765 Posts
I have never had a car that reset either of the digital trip counters on it's own or after a day. Did you have a car that did this Northeastste to lead you to expect this behaviour?

· Registered
51 Posts
Yeah my 320 beema which I sold did, and it was a nice addition.
After 4 hours the trip would automatically reset, so trip 2 could be average, and trip 1 was a genuine trip computer. That's my only criticism so far. I'm loving the 3008, but unless you reset your trip manually; it's not a genuine trip result.

· Registered
1,271 Posts
Has anyone managed to get the radio/media display to show in the head up display directly in front of the driver?

I'm sure I've seen a photo somewhere where the radio channel or the currently media being played was shown in a circle on the main display (to the left of the speed display). I've looked at the personal settings, which allow customisation of the two left and right panels, but can't see it. I can have lots of other stuff, like rev counter, navigation etc.

· Registered
1,271 Posts
It would be particularly useful for when you have the Tomtom navigation on the touchscreen and need a reminder of the station your are on, without pushing the piano key to bring the radio/media up.

· Registered
1,271 Posts
Has anyone managed to get the radio/media display to show in the head up display directly in front of the driver?

I'm sure I've seen a photo somewhere where the radio channel or the currently media being played was shown in a circle on the main display (to the left of the speed display). I've looked at the personal settings, which allow customisation of the two left and right panels, but can't see it. I can have lots of other stuff, like rev counter, navigation etc.
This is the photograph I found online:

http://reho.st/medium/self/9988078c74062f61e3aa390f3c56613f3d0ecb4b.png

There is mention in the audio/telematics book about being able to customise the drivers display to include media. I don't think Peugeot bothered to enable it however.

Over on the French forums, people have noted the photo refers to an iPod, but even trying it with one of those connected to the car, you can't see media on the driver instrument panel. Shame really.

· Registered
129 Posts
Thing I like most about the i-Cocpit display is the way the turn info from the nav pops up to replace the rev counter when you're in driving mode and are approaching a junction.

Don't even bother having the Nav screen up on the centre console now.

Having the little speed camera icon pop up next to the digital speed display is also pretty nifty.

· Registered
1,271 Posts
This is the photograph I found online:

http://reho.st/medium/self/9988078c74062f61e3aa390f3c56613f3d0ecb4b.png

There is mention in the audio/telematics book about being able to customise the drivers display to include media. I don't think Peugeot bothered to enable it however.

Over on the French forums, people have noted the photo refers to an iPod, but even trying it with one of those connected to the car, you can't see media on the driver instrument panel. Shame really.
I would be very interested if anyone who has done yesterday's new firmware update, has found if this has now enabled the option to set the Personal panel settings, to show Media (radio/USB/iPod) either on the left or right of the drivers instrument panel? Despite our handbooks suggesting its possible to have Media as an option, it hasn't actually worked on our cars.

Apparently, the 5008 has the Media option, but the 3008 doesn't, even though the firmware (prior to the release yesterday) was exactly the same on both cars!

· Registered
495 Posts
Getting to grips with the I-Cockpit is fun. The instructions available are inadequate in the extreme, trial and error has been the way forward. I have finally learnt how to change the speed dial arrangement or at least thought I had then went to show it off to someone after saying how wonderful it was and the fluffing thing did not want to change!!! Has anyone else had issues?
Screen froze on me , pressed the phone button for 10 secs approx and all returned to normal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.