Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!!

I have had the worst luck today. I was driving back on the motorway when the car started juddering! I thought perhaps it was the road terrain but then after 5 minutes the engine warning light came on and the car informed me an engine repair was required? I pulled over in hope that perhaps it was a technical fault but it persisted unfortunately. I managed to make it home with the juddering getting worse on certain revs and the engine increasingly loosing power. I'm not sure if the aftermath is perhaps a safety set up to prevent further damage?

Anyway to top all this off the Peugeot garage is closed and I am meant to be shipping this car back to the UK tomorrow by 9 am!! The Peugeot garage opens at 8 am but I doubt it'll be resolved in time :(.

Any advice or anyone know of what it might be or even come across this please let me know. Maybe I could fix it! Also I must note that I'm currently living in Cyprus and the temperatures are reaching the lower 40s with the AC on constant. Not sure if that is anything to do with it and this was my first journey over 2 hours successive driving.
**forgot to mention I used the grip function today too because I was going through some rough terrain for about 5 minutes, not sure if that would make a difference?**

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Bad luck at the worst possible time. I can,t help, but maybe when the car has cooled down it will be driveable. Check oil and fluid levels first though.

When you say you are shipping it back to the UK do you mean by container ship?? If so I would see if it is possible to drive it to the port, get it shipped, then worry about it when it lands in the UK. If you are having it shipped to the mainland, and driving back to the UK, it sounds like a problem that has to be sorted out first.

Considering how few of these cars there are around at the moment, there seems to be a disproportionate number of minor and potentially major issues cropping up.

Good luck!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi Cumiskey. I think that the car is so new you'll struggle to get a response for many people who have had that kind of issue right now. Best course of action is get it to your Peugeot dealer ASAP and let them do the diagnosing and fixing. Make sure you come back here with the outcome so we can all learn from it. Good luck with it pal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just come back from the Peugeot garage and after going through diagnostics and a few tests the engineer knew within a few minutes what the fault was! It turns out its something to do with the fuel injector and it needs replacing! I don't know much about cars to say anymore but basically he said its something to do with the excessive heat here at the moment and the aircon?? Surprised that such an award winning car would have this fault so easily. It takes 2 weeks to get the part at minimum and a week at least to get an appointment to fix it so I think I'm best sending it to the UK and having it repaired there.

Anyway thought id let you guys know and hope this helps someone in the future!

My Car is the GT 2.0 Automatic.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hello Everyone!!

I have had the worst luck today. I was driving back on the motorway when the car started juddering! I thought perhaps it was the road terrain but then after 5 minutes the engine warning light came on and the car informed me an engine repair was required? I pulled over in hope that perhaps it was a technical fault but it persisted unfortunately. I managed to make it home with the juddering getting worse on certain revs and the engine increasingly loosing power. I'm not sure if the aftermath is perhaps a safety set up to prevent further damage?

Anyway to top all this off the Peugeot garage is closed and I am meant to be shipping this car back to the UK tomorrow by 9 am!! The Peugeot garage opens at 8 am but I doubt it'll be resolved in time :(.

Any advice or anyone know of what it might be or even come across this please let me know. Maybe I could fix it! Also I must note that I'm currently living in Cyprus and the temperatures are reaching the lower 40s with the AC on constant. Not sure if that is anything to do with it and this was my first journey over 2 hours successive driving.
**forgot to mention I used the grip function today too because I was going through some rough terrain for about 5 minutes, not sure if that would make a difference?**
Hope you get your problem sorted out soon !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi was the Amber warning light the triangle with the exclamation mark in it? My car is a Partner 2017 model with the 1.6 HDI blue engine with the same issue?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Hope it's sorted for you soon. Perhaps the moral of this story is don't buy a 3008 if you live in a hot climate and like to use the aircon. Not sure how fuel injectors + heat + air con combine to cause an issue, but it's not good.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just come back from the Peugeot garage and after going through diagnostics and a few tests the engineer knew within a few minutes what the fault was! It turns out its something to do with the fuel injector and it needs replacing! I don't know much about cars to say anymore but basically he said its something to do with the excessive heat here at the moment and the aircon?? Surprised that such an award winning car would have this fault so easily. It takes 2 weeks to get the part at minimum and a week at least to get an appointment to fix it so I think I'm best sending it to the UK and having it repaired there.

Anyway thought id let you guys know and hope this helps someone in the future!

My Car is the GT 2.0 Automatic.
Hmm sounds like baloney ... no reason why aircon (which is an electric pump) would have anything todo with the injector..

It should be under warrantee so whatever is wrong with it they should fix free of charge..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hope it's sorted for you soon. Perhaps the moral of this story is don't buy a 3008 if you live in a hot climate and like to use the aircon. Not sure how fuel injectors + heat + air con combine to cause an issue, but it's not good.
It would be interesting to see if there are any more reports of issues like this in hot countries.....
I'm not sure one report is indicative of a problem.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hmm sounds like baloney ... no reason why aircon (which is an electric pump) would have anything todo with the injector..

It should be under warrantee so whatever is wrong with it they should fix free of charge..
I bit skeptic on injector and A/C relation. I'm living in very hot and humid country and in last 10 years with my existing vehicle I never used without A/C on. If this kind of problem exists Peugeot should stop selling vehicles in my country. sorry Cumiskey no offence.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In reply to Toddy, the amber light is a picture of the engine in an outlined amber colour. There is also a red spanner at the side but that's only as indication that repair is required.

As for their opinion (garage) on what has caused it, I doubt it would be the hot climate but perhaps an easy assumption if they haven't got a clue! I think once back in the UK the garage there when operating on it will have a better idea of why. As for A/C I'm unsure how a car works with regards to that and the engine but he did say that I was ok to drive small trips for the time being but the A/C will at times get warm? I'm guessing that it uses fuel to operate and if the fuel is not getting injected then what little fuel gets to the engine would be taken from the A/C?? (I have no clue but this is my best guess!! go easy on me mechanical qualified people!!)

If the UK find what caused it I will be sure to let you guys know. I know how important it is to put down what happened because I tried googling this and no-one had reported it. Next time my posts will come up and hopefully help someone else ;)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The A/C, whether belt-driven by the engine, or by an electric motor, imposes a greater load on the engine. As it compresses the refrigerant, it will get warm (Compression causes heating).

Perhaps the mechanic was trying to say that the faulty fuel injection symptoms would be made worse if the A/C were on, in which case, when you have to drive it, keep the A/C off until it is repaired.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts