Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all and Happy New Year

We have had our 57 plate 107 a few days but it appears to have developed a leak in the roof liner

The car is under warranty from a dealer, so I'd like to get a second opinion from you guys before I charge back there and ask them to sort it. I've had a look at a couple of useful guides here and this looks like it is a result of the high break light leaking - what do you reckon ? :thumb:

cheers

Moz

C

·
0 Posts
Water ingress via the high level brake light, unless you have special anti gravity water where you live.

It's also possible the rear washer pipe is adrift. Either way the headliner will be stained and need replacing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I popped the high level brake light out today and had a look,its a really crap design that not only has a rubbish foam seal around it but also appears to allow water between the transparent plastic and the inner plastic frame that holds the bulbs. Inside was soaking so its a good bet it is indeed the culprit.

I've replaced the seal with butyl tape and I'm pretty confidant it is watertight now.

Going to give it a few days to see how it holds up and what damage the water has done so far.

:thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts