Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’ve been having issues with low oil pressure on my 2007 Peugeot 207 1.4 16v. I replaced the oil sensor, then changed the crank and cam seals, but issue still there, so I changed the oil pump today, hoping that it wouldn’t be the main bearings but in the old oil pump pick up I found what looks to be needles from a needle bearing. Any ideas where these from? there was prob about 20 in there, no flakes of metal just these needles/pins.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all, I’ve been having issues with low oil pressure on my 2007 Peugeot 207 1.4 16v. I replaced the oil sensor, then changed the crank and cam seals, but issue still there, so I changed the oil pump today, hoping that it wouldn’t be the main bearings but in the old oil pump pick up I found what looks to be needles from a needle bearing. Any ideas where these from? there was prob about 20 in there, no flakes of metal just these needles/pins.
Could be from a little end or camshaft follower has it ever had a cambelt snapped ???
If it has could be from a old follower

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be from a little end or camshaft follower has it ever had a cambelt snapped ???
If it has could be from a old follower

not to my knowledge about the cambelt snapping, when you say little end what do you mean?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm not aware of any roller bearings used in any modern four stroke engine. I mean for any moving part lubricated by engine oil.
However if it does have a roller bearing anywhere and it has collapsed it would account for your low oil pressure. If it was a little end (the bearing that connects the piston to the connecting rod your engine would be making a nasty rattle that varied with engine speed. Do you have any untoward noises from the engine?.

Roger.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
They will be from broken rockers that the only logical place for them to have come from

·
Registered
56 Posts
They will be from broken rockers that the only logical place for them to have come from
Said that on first post needs to take rocker cover of i have seen some that have snapped but still run due to it being 16v

1 - 6 of 6 Posts