Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just recently bought a Sony dsx-a410bt for my 2010 207, however i knew I'd need a wiring adapter for it to work with the car. Except Halfords gave me one that doesn't even fit into the connector in the stock stereo. The aftermarket stereo has a 16 pin connector input which neither the wiring adapter or car have. Any ideas?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi,

I just recently bought a Sony dsx-a410bt for my 2010 207, however i knew I'd need a wiring adapter for it to work with the car. Except Halfords gave me one that doesn't even fit into the connector in the stock stereo. The aftermarket stereo has a 16 pin connector input which neither the wiring adapter or car have. Any ideas?
Something like this does the physical conversion from the OEM plug to 2x8 pin standard ISO connectors.

You'll need another adapter to retain steering wheel controls etc (also does OEM to 2x8 pib ISO connector)

Not sure what they might have provided if it doesn't have either the OEM connector or 2x8 ISO connectors (which I'd expect a brandname aftermarket unit to have.) Many offbrand/noname ones use a smaller 16 pin plug and usually comes with a connector with pigtails - best bet there is to get a 2x8 ISO socket connector (or OEM socket if available) with pigtails and join up the pigtails.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I now see that I don't have the Sony wire that connects into the stereo and then the adapter. Which Halfords are selling for another £20.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts