Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm on south coast near Bournemouth.
I'm getting the particle fluid low message, anyone done this on a Peugeot Expert who can offer advice/tips, tank location etc.
I cant find a lot about the Expert when searching.
I guess like the cars, i will need someone with PP2000 to reset the ECU to remove the warning message.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can i just ask what Eolys is? I presume something on the later vans.
It has a tank of Eolys (very expensive) that is injected into the fuel tank when you fill up, it acts as a catalyst within the DPF. you get a warning when it needs topping up around 50,000 miles I believe, mine is on 100,000 so I guessing it's been topped up once before.

A top up from the dealer is about £300-£400.

Not sure when they started using it on vans but some cars have been using it for over 15 years.

My Expert is a 2013. 5L of fluid can be had from Eurocarpart for £88 currently with the Christmas discount code.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took look under the van and the tank "click" connectors look easy to access so i think it should not be too hard a job.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Every day is a school day. First i have ever heard of this before but then i always buy older motors to try and keep things nice and simple hence my last two 306's being non turbo and my Expert van. :thumb:

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
Euro 5 onwards vans have it most up to around 2012 only had a cat but in usual french fashion there are some exceptions :)

Replacing it pretty easy on the vans as there is plenty of room it will last 100k miles if you run till empty and refill tank every time rather than doing £20 fills as it sends some into tank everytime you open the cap.

refilling varies depending on type of kit and tank but nothing terribly hard fill tank reset counters tell it it has a new DPF if need be and off you go i dont understand why people feel the need to delete them as its easy enough to keep them happy and fluid every 100k miles is not expensive :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Euro 5 onwards vans have it most up to around 2012 only had a cat but in usual french fashion there are some exceptions :)

Replacing it pretty easy on the vans as there is plenty of room it will last 100k miles if you run till empty and refill tank every time rather than doing £20 fills as it sends some into tank everytime you open the cap.

refilling varies depending on type of kit and tank but nothing terribly hard fill tank reset counters tell it it has a new DPF if need be and off you go i dont understand why people feel the need to delete them as its easy enough to keep them happy and fluid every 100k miles is not expensive :)
I have a 2011 Tepee will it be the same "plenty of room" as the van ?? and by the looks of things I should buy 5ltrs rather than a ltr top up

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2011 Tepee will it be the same "plenty of room" as the van ?? and by the looks of things I should buy 5ltrs rather than a ltr top up
It should be the same, there is not even a cover over the tank on the vans, take a look at the pics I put in my other thread:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/vans-16/peugeot-expert-part-identification-help-246138/

Get 5L, I got 5 for £88 over Christmas from Eurocarpart with the 30% off code. They regularly have good codes.

Mine was starting to fill slowly at 3L so I stopped there and will save the rest for another top up, in a year or two.

patfluid

·
Registered
27 Posts
their JANSALE code not quite as good 5lts plus the filling kit was £109 but still better than the £250 quoted by dealer, will let you know how we get on, and if everything is in the same place on the tepee.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK.... follow up to this to help people out.

As you all know I topped up the Eolys fluid myself, I decided to live with the warning message as I knew the fluid was topped up and several Peugeot drivers claim they just live with the warning, after all it only lasts on the screen for 2 minutes after starting then its gone.

However.....
Today I filled up with fuel, just after leaving the garage a warning came up saying "Engine fault - repair needed" and the van went into limp mode.

I called the AA and he could find nothing wrong and the ECU only showed two errors:
Particulate fluid low & Particulate fluid exhausted.
The AA man could not clear the codes and told me to take it to the garage.

I convinced the AA man to have another go with his machine and he followed a process to reset the fluid and managed it (even though its a Bosch box not PP) both codes are now reset and no warning messages and the van is fine.

So what happened...... Well it appears with a Peugeot Expert van, you get a warning its low then after a few more fuel refills it assumes all the fluid is now gone and puts a second message up and puts the van into limp to protect the engine. Remember----- I had just filled up so triggered the final Eolys injection.

So warning for Peugeot Expert drivers...
You have to get the message cleared or after a short time it will go into limp mode. :thumb:

(I will put this message into the other thread too as both threads have ended up on the same subject).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts