Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which cables inside the Peugeot 308 (2012) audio harness do what?

I need to add some resistors to the four speaker channels (dummy loads) and it's probably easier to do it there than taking the doors apart.

·
5,973 Posts
I think pins 1-8 are standard across all the audio units same as bottom half of a standard iso plug

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi
If you have an RT4 which I'm guessing the 2012 model doesnt but I might be wrong. Then this might be able to help: Pinouts - RT4 Wiki
I'm sorry if it doesn't. If you post a picture of your head unit it may be useful.
Cheers
Basically, I've been made aware that my speakers are 2.6Ω and the head units I have (I tried three, different makes and models) all have issues with them as they're designed for 4-8Ω. It explains why the amplifiers were having issues!

Due to this, I've been told to buy some 2.2Ω resistors to use as dummy loads, bringing them up to 4.8Ω.

I've been advised to attach the resistors to each of the four channels, and I presumed the best place for this would be directly to the cabling in the car's audio harness, and not the head unit cabling or the adapter that goes between the head unit and Peugeot's Fakra harness connector.

If I'm wrong, feel free to let me know :)

If you need a photo of the cabling that came with the head unit(s), the adapter or the car's audio harness, please do let me know that, also.

EDIT: Never mind, I've been advised to fit the resistors to pins 1, 3, 5 and 7 of the head unit's ISO connector (see attached image, referring to "B").

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have not come across the problem your having before but I like a challenge.
I've also messaged my brother who know way more than I do about speakers and their wiring.
Just to make sure I know what you mean your basically putting a new head unit in (like an aftermarket JVC or Kenwood or Pioneer etc.) With a built in amp. And you want to make it compatible with the standard door panel speakers.

With all this correct you will have an adaptor wiring harness between the standard Peugeot plug and the back of your new head unit.
If it was me I wouldn't want to chip about the standard loom as once you do there's no going back so personally I'd wire your resistors into your adapter harness as you can always buy another one if something goes wrong.

Sorry for all the extra info just wanted to make sure we're on the same page 👍

Hope this helps
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts