Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

3 weeks have passed since i bought my 2.0 hdi and i already spent close to 1500 euro in flywheel/clutch replacement, timing belt, Fap cleaning and service. Brakes need to be done next!

Since i live in Malta, i wanted to ask if a regeneration can be done using peugeot planet, and if yes can anyone please shed some light?

Also, my car is missing the rain sensor, i do not know if the windscreen was changed with a rain sensor type....can someone please let me know if this can be checked by planet, and if yes how can this be done?

I am also interested in changing my radio to an mp3 one and my cluster to the white dials type, can this be done?

Excuse me for all of these questions but i am new to peugeot!

Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Since i live in Malta, i wanted to ask if a regeneration can be done using peugeot planet, and if yes can anyone please shed some light?
Yes, it can be done, but probably not a recommended procedure... you're better off giving it a good high rev run for 20 mins or so.

Also, my car is missing the rain sensor, i do not know if the windscreen was changed with a rain sensor type....can someone please let me know if this can be checked by planet, and if yes how can this be done?
I was under the impression that all 407s had the auto wipers.... I stand to be corrected, but would have expected the sensor to be there. What does the wiper stalk say? Auto? When you go up 1 click on the stalk, does it come up Auto on the display?

I am also interested in changing my radio to an mp3 one
I believe the newer radios will play MP3s, so yes, it should be possible to change/upgrade - will need Planet to complete the coding of the new one to the car though.

my cluster to the white dials type, can this be done?
If the dials look identical, just in the black option, then I would think so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi jmkent, thanks for your replies.

Malta is very small so there is no way I can get a regeneration done on the road.

My instrument cluster is a 4 gauge one, and my stalk has the Auto option, but there isn't place.in the cluster for auto to be displayed.

Do you think it is possible to change to a 5 gauge cluster?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Try a low gear like second , keep rev`s around 3000 for 10-20mins and start a regen at low speed , its all to do with the rev`s not the speed :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Hi jmkent, thanks for your replies.

Malta is very small so there is no way I can get a regeneration done on the road.

My instrument cluster is a 4 gauge one, and my stalk has the Auto option, but there isn't place.in the cluster for auto to be displayed.

Do you think it is possible to change to a 5 gauge cluster?
As Betty says, you don't need to go fast to get the regen to complete - mine will do it around town if it comes to the point where the DPF wants cleaning.

The 4-gauge panel is quite a bit different to the 5-gauge one, so I haven't a clue if things would be similar enough to swap.... half of it might not work anyhow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts