Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd post to say that I have tried the following

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013XGK53E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it works with my phone connected to android auto, and my ipod playing music and a usb 3 stick connected all at the same time.

I had tried a similar black plastic usb 2.0 version of the same thing that I also bought on amazon, but it would not allow AA to work.

I don't have an iphone so can't comment on carplay. Obviously there are cheaper hubs out there but at least I can say this one works.

My plan is to connect my ipod nano to it permanently and velcro it to the top of the cubby so it's out of sight and then just connect my phone when I require AA, but otherwise just drop it on charger plate as it is QI compatible. Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge Plus.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013XGK53E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it works with my phone connected to android auto, and my ipod playing music and a usb 3 stick connected all at the same time.

I had tried a similar black plastic usb 2.0 version of the same thing that I also bought on amazon, but it would not allow AA to work.

I don't have an iphone so can't comment on carplay. Obviously there are cheaper hubs out there but at least I can say this one works.

My plan is to connect my ipod nano to it permanently and velcro it to the top of the cubby so it's out of sight and then just connect my phone when I require AA, but otherwise just drop it on charger plate as it is QI compatible. Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge Plus.
My USB hub worked fine with Android Auto and a USB stick attached but I couldn't get CarPlay to connect although the system recognised my iPhone as a device. I think probably the USB hub needs to have a separate power supply which means finding, buying and trying out such an item. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts

I searched every forum I can find including french forums and facebook groups but could not find any USB hub work with Apple carplay and everyone stated android auto works but not CarPlay. Thus, I concluded that Carplay does not support with any type of USB hub even the ones with external power supply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts