Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to work to day I was going down the road and this message came up

depollution system faulty what dose this mean and what needs doing

C

·
0 Posts
Just means there's a fault and a diagnostic is called for as it could be any number of things.

·
Registered
128 Posts
On the way to work to day I was going down the road and this message came up

depollution system faulty what dose this mean and what needs doing
it normally means your particulate filter is partially or fully blocked so ideally needs removing and cleaning.

C

·
0 Posts
it normally means your particulate filter is partially or fully blocked so ideally needs removing and cleaning.
No it doesn't, it a generic term used to say the car has a fault and could be allsorts of things from egr to a failed sensor.

A blocking dpf usually warns of risk of particle filter blocking.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guess what it's came back so I am glad it's going in on Friday to find out what is wrong with it as I still have 2 month warranty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had this loads of times on my 407coupe when it happens just disconnect battery for 5 seconds and it disappears if its a computer glitch

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Had this loads of times on my 407coupe when it happens just disconnect battery for 5 seconds and it disappears if its a computer glitch
This set alarm bells ringing for me:
1. Don't you have to follow a certain procedure for disconnecting and reconnecting the battery in order to avoid damaging the BSI?
2. If it's got an error message then don't you need to find out what it thinks is wrong before deciding to ignore it?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This set alarm bells ringing for me:
1. Don't you have to follow a certain procedure for disconnecting and reconnecting the battery in order to avoid damaging the BSI?
2. If it's got an error message then don't you need to find out what it thinks is wrong before deciding to ignore it?
That's my thoughts too so it is going in the garage tomorrow

C

·
0 Posts
Can't believe that, was the fault still on the dash when they looked at it?

Can only thing it's the equipment they are using.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts