Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I am a new owner of a 2002 plate 307SW - the problem I have is that my head unit is a 2002 radio cassete along with a ICD A09 cd changer. The CD Changer does not work so I purchase off ebay a 2005 RDS4 cd radio and a idc A04 cd changer only to find out that my wires are not compatable. What do I need to do? Please help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the swift reply Dr Dino but Im sorry I dont have a clue about what you are saying i.e. can, can van? Could you explain it in really easy words for me?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sure: the network between the different subsystems (in your case, ECU and headunit) is different between 2002 (mk1) and 2005 (mk2) cars. The former have a network system (Multiplexing) which is called CAN-VAN and the latter have full CAN.

What this means is you cannot fit an RD4 (mk2) unit as a replacement for an RB2 (mk1 tape unit) unit. You need an RD3 unit.

·
11,780 Posts
Personally I'd abandon the factory fitted radio and get a good quality aftermarket one.

I go for the Sony BT series. Plays MP3 discs, has bluetooth audio which sounds superb, bluetooth phone support, and for an extra £20 will hook up to the steering column remote. You even free up the CD player slot in the dash for a handy sweetie cubby hole.

The only drawback is that you don't see the station name on the top display.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts