Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2011 diesel model and installed an after market head unit.
All is working good and now I am buying a reversing camera with wireless module to avoid running 5 meters video cable to the head unit.
The question I have is I need to connect a reverse switch signal to the head unit in order to activate the reverse video application and I do not know where can I find the signal at the front of the car.
It is possible to buy a service manual with schematics and pin-outs of all harnesses but as I am not going to use it all the time the money will be wasted.I appreciate if people can give me an advice.

Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
It's never a waste of money buying a service manual.

If it saves you one trip to a garage or dealers it has paid for itself several times over and you never know when you will next need it. Yes you may well get the information that you need from someone who has bought the manual but you have to wait for that person to log on, read the post, prepare an electronic copy of the information and post it whereas if you had the manual yourself, the only waiting would be while you found the information in the book.

I had to guess at the details of your car to see the diagrams on Sedre but this is what I found. It looks like the feed to the reversing lights comes from a 24 pin connector in the BSI on pin 2

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105773257/4007.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, storeman.
I will check the pin 2. Do you know if it has 24V or battery ground when I switch in reverse?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The diagram shows it's switching the positive side as the reversing lights both show a seperate ground on pin 1 of the plug going to the lamps.

As I said, this is the diagram returned from guessing about the vehicle tho likely to be common I can't guarantee it to be correct. Yow would need to meter Pin 2 with and without reverse gear being selected to see if the pin changes state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts