Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this might help other owners of Peugeot and might be specific to 807

I am a happy owner of 807, as a second owner this car been looked after and been driving it since Oct-2016

Mileage: 113k and timing belt been done and many services too.

Two problems to report:
First:-
Hight pitch noise when accelerating, always there. Could it be from the diesel pump?

Second:-
Been having the following errors on dispaly:
- ESP/ASR fault
- ABS fault
and then after few minutes, it's throwing more errors:-
- Speed Control faulty (which disables the cruise control)
- Gearbox Faulty

Car goes into limp mode

·
2,610 Posts
Hi...meanwhile have a check of the front/rear wheel bearings and test the abs sensors,they can be a source of many fault codes relating to speed and drive....

·
2,610 Posts
Hi...jack up each wheel in turn,locate plug to sensor disconect and use a multi-meter to check pulse when spinning the wheel..check bearings for noise and play at the same time

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
As noddy-hol said you need to test the function of the ABS sensor. Unfortunately you can't just test the across 2 points for continuity - the wheel needs to be moving and you should see the voltage fluctuate as the wheel moves.

Putting the car on PP2000 or Diagbox will tell you which wheel/sensor the fault is coming from, and it will also show you any other faults that might be present.

The high pitched noise could be a pulley, could be a belt, could be a pump.... hard to say without pinpointing it a bit more ;)

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
ESP/ASR fault is 2 brake swithc on top of brake pedal
gearbox fault is 2 solenoids cca 50gbp plus auto fluid
I'm impressed you are able to be so positive with your diagnostic from such a distance without further information. ABS / ASP / ASR & speed control can all be down to a faulty sensor which is the more likely fault than the brake switch. I'll grant that if it was only speed control my best guess would have been the brake switch.

As for the noise, no suggestions as there really isn't enough to go on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts