Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I am new on here and this is my post and im a new pug owner of 2 months.
I have a 307 07 plate and I need help.....

The car I have has a RD4 radio (no cd changer)
After reading a few posts on here I decided to install a aux imput in to the radio.
removed radio, fine, installed aux, fine, as I refitted the radio I found that the radio would not turn on!!! And the display in the central column is just flashing. And all the commands are in french
Checked all fuses and wiring. They are fine and im at a lose end and havent a clue what else to do!!!

If anyone could help I would be most great full

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the one where you disconnect the battery for 15 seconds,
Reconnect turn side light on etc etc, if so ive tried this, and it is no different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Ive tested the fuse, which is fine. Going to sound a bit dumb here, but how can I check the wiring???

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
When I say wiring I mean you may not have connected it correctly

When you say you checked the fuse there will be 1 in the radio but there will be 1 possibly 2 that feed the radio from the car also

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh I see. Looking in the users handbook all I could see was fuses number f8 as the radio fuses.
That one and the one in the back of the radio is fine.
As for the wiring im pretty sure I put it back in correcly, but ill have another look

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No with the back lighting and tried the volume button. Even taken the cap off to see if the button has been stuck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes ive started the car, driven it 3 times since the radio stopped.
Tried turning it on while car running to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The stalk on the wheel, all that does is change the central column display to miles/km time
(My other half is a french teacher!!) The other stalk which controls the volume and that does nothing.
and the menu button is not working.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
It's the volume stalk I was referring to when set works that would normally allow some control of the HUD unit

I am stuck sorry it does sound as if the head unit has perhaps failed I assume it is the unit that was in the car and did work not a replacement set you bought for some reason

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is the unit that came with the car. It was working fine befor I put the aux input in.
Im stuck as to what to do to.
if it is the unit that is knackered, could it be replaced with another radio?or does it have to be a rd4??

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hi

The reason I asked if it was a replacement is because they are coded to the car, you can buy a used rd4 but it would need coding

I have replaced my radio with a pioneer set but that was I wanted to stream via bluetooth mp3 and use my tomtom app could not do that with original head unit

I can not imagine how it broke if it has but that's life if it is broke

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha,sods law you mean!! It happened when it was one of them days. If you dont mind me asking, when you replaced yours with the pioneer one, does the control stalk and display screen still work??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts