Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help on brakes pad and rotor. any 1 know where can i source tat? in a cheaper way???

i driving 307.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I changed mine recently for £59 all in...

nippon discs and mintex pads..

you can get the parts for your local part dealer like, eurocarparts or andrew watt or unipart etc..

very easy to change to the pads.. it would take you longer to take the wheel off than changing the pads...

·
Registered
1 Posts
607 v6

Scotcruz said:
I changed mine recently for £59 all in...

nippon discs and mintex pads..

you can get the parts for your local part dealer like, eurocarparts or andrew watt or unipart etc..

very easy to change to the pads.. it would take you longer to take the wheel off than changing the pads...
my peugeot 607 v6 engine just developed a fault.it stops suddenly on the road without my stepping on the brakes.whats the problem please

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
chief, wrong section, please post in Sedan section...

wrt your problem, give us some more info.. its strange I havent heard this before.. sounds like car going into limp mode..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quote:Originally Posted by argoldmanI dont know about your F28, but mine is rather flexible. Doubling it although making it less flexible still retains a lot of flex.;

Now lesssee---

You got a semi-flexible member ??? no comments on which you are putting a hinge device which contains lower lips to which are connected two pneumatic cylinders, each producing about 100 PSI because of the small lever arm necessitated by the hinge construction. The other ends of these cylinders are connected forward to F22 or whatever, also a somewhat flexible although doubled structure, and then you close The canopy. The pneumatic cylinders will try to push F22 forward in the middleish and the F28 backwards in the middleish because they are connected to the hinges. The canard lift tabs are connected to F22 which will ad some resistance, but the lift tabs, instead of resisting mainly vertical forces, in their normal state, now must resist bending forces also, as f22 flexes.

The entire assembly is subjected to engine and flight vibrations, seemingly making things worse.

Now any change in the dimension between F28 and where the canopy hits the longerons or front of the rear turtle will result in binding or chafing or not fitting.

I am full of questions about this approach as I would like to use it but see many downfalls to it.

Please understand that this evaluation is from an armchair engineer more of the dental persuasion with little true engineering training. As a matter of fact the armchair that I designed lost its arms.

Marc, or other engineer types, bail me out, or put my concerns to rest. My slide rule is rusty.

Thanx,

Rich you hit on some very good points.
and i have seen many 2 bail from the FHC. so before i go on................
................bail...............
if you want to fly soon
i ran in to many things, a fun one was after the hinging and water seals were done and it was time to do the shock 4 try=4 months , i had a fool prof set up and it worked Gr8 but when i closed the canopy and it got warm out, the shocks closed the gap at the t/b and the dam thing got stuck closed
so in the trash it all went. but on the good side it all works good now and Im happy to help others do the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts