Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, forgive me I'm new here but just wondering if you have any advice.

Basically I am currenly looking for a car and the 206 seemed to be the best bet for me all around. I've been searching for a while now and assessing all the different models, turning out the HDi 2.0 turbo diesel and the XSi 1.6 Petrol are my best bet.

I've got a budget of about £2000 absolute maximum really so I know I am not going to get a perfect model for the price. However I am just looking for advice on what too look for and anything I might be over looking? All the 206's that I have view so far have been right dogs with clutch's going wrong, broken door hinges and faulty suspension.

If anyone can advise me when what to do when buying these models or where to look for them then please shout out!

Thanks

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
my call will be the abs sensors faults, fap filter faults, diesel fuel filter faults those will be the ones to look out for.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I recently purchased a 53 plate 206, with 58,000 miles. It had a couple of things wrong with it that were easy to put right

1) Indicator switch doessnt cancel properly. Known fault with the com2000 unit. This is being replaced tommorow as the guy who sold it has warrented that.

2) Idle pully on the aux belt had a worn out bearing, another common fault. £20 for a new pully.

3) My gear linkages were worn, Ive just today had these replaced. £63 for the full set of 3 linkages, cost nothing to get this fitted as it was a 5 minute job. Gearbox is smooth and tight now. Before very floopy and difficult to change from 1st to 2nd.

This is just my expierence and I know it makes the 206 sack of poo, but after spending alittle money and some time it now runs very nicely. My car was £3000, its a HDI - So alittle more expensive than a petrol. I honestly think with a 2K budget you need to expect minor problems.

Good luck finding a 206, let me know how it goes for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts