Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i got a good offer on a low mileage flywheel with clutch from a 90bhp 1.6hdi that has single mass flywheel and i wonder if anyone has servicebox and can check if it will fit my 1.6hdi 9HZ dv6ted4 with be4r transmission?

Here is vin on the donor car:
VF3GB9HWC96232337

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Is the 1600 a dual mass?
If so I'd be tempted to stick with a dual mass. The rest of the car is designed with one in mind.
Not to put you off, but the mechanic I use got a Mondeo trailered in to see him. It just stopped with a bang apparently.
He took it apart to find the crank had snapped. Apparently a potential side effect of smf kits.
Not to mention sensors dying because of extra vibrations, also heard of gearbox bellhousings cracking.
So to save £100 might end up costing a lot more.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have used single mass conversion on many cars without any issue, the fact is that its a really bad design and it only remove about 10% vibration.
I am a car mechanic and through the chain i work in we have sold thousands off single mass conversion and they would stop selling them if they damage the car as it has 3 year warranty.
In my case a new dmf would be worse because i have mapped the car and removed cat/dpf and egr all this power will cause a new dmf to fail in a short while if i dont drive like an old man.

My dmf is getting real bad the vibration in my clutch pedal is getting worse by the day so i use my second car now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts