Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I Have a problem with my girlfriend Peugeot 307 2002.
Description of the problem:
It started about a week ago. My girlfriend started the car in the morning and then the instrument cluster beeped several times and the EPS/ABS light, handbreak light and the STOP light went on. The display behind the window said Breaking fault and then ABS fault. Also the speedometer dosen't work.
I connected the PP2000 with the car and got these codes. (Shown on the pictures).
Also it shows ABS/ESP ECU The ECU has not replied. (Shown on the pictures)

Please help!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:
Today when I started the car, everything was okey. I connected PP2000 and I read faults from EPS/ABS ECU , but there weren't any faults.
So I tooked the car for a test drive and when I breaked the ABS kicked in for a second and the EPS/ABS Lights came back and the speedometer stopped working.
In that case it couldnt be a fuse, because if the fuse was broken then it wouldn't worked for a while. Am I right?
I will search for Google were the EPS/ABS ECU is located and check the wireing.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Update:
Today when I started the car, everything was okey. I connected PP2000 and I read faults from EPS/ABS ECU , but there weren't any faults.
So I tooked the car for a test drive and when I breaked the ABS kicked in for a second and the EPS/ABS Lights came back and the speedometer stopped working.
In that case it couldnt be a fuse, because if the fuse was broken then it wouldn't worked for a while. Am I right?
I will search for Google were the EPS/ABS ECU is located and check the wireing.
it could be a bad joint on the fuse holder or damage wiring or water on electrics

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Help!

Looked up the fuses. Fuses were okey. Also looked the wiring to the fusebox under the bonnet. Looked OK.

Where is the ABS ECU located?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
If it was just a sensor then the ABS ecu would have shown a logged error code for it but when you were able to connect to it there were no faults logged. It could be that your car hasn't had the waterproof bag fitted to the ABS ecu or if it has it could be damaged or come open allowing water / moisture to the connections.

The ABS pump & ECU are behind the left / passenger side wing. Will need the liner removing to gain access.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i would undo the connectors on the abs pump to see the state of them. does it have a plastic boot over the connector?

does the car have a wheel arch on the passenger side.

i had a similar problem on a ford and my 307 a replacement abs pump was my fix but check all wiring first

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update

HI!

Sorry for not updating the topic for so long. I was on a trip and I had busy times.

But I managed to take a look at the ABS module. The rubber was okey and the connections seemed fine also.
The problem has sort of declined, sometimes the fault codes disappear and everything works but the next moment it's back again. Mostly when the car speed is 0 km/h, it's fine, but when I start moving it comes back.
So I connected the PP2000 and tested the ABS pump and solenoid valves separately, everything passed the test. but when I looked the fault codes I found these codes ( added as pictures).

Attachments

·
Registered
14,631 Posts
Those faults say the brake switch is out of adjustment not it is not needing replaced just checked for proper function !

The other says THE SIGNAL from a wheel sensor is not correct again it does not mean the sensor is faulty it means the signal is faulty could be the ring in the bearing is dirty/broken i would guess at left front due to next reading :)

Third 1 is left front wheel signal is not correct but due to broken wire or bad connection.

You have more than 1 problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts