Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

My wife just called, and told me Our 2004 Peugeot Partner 2.0 HDI ground to a halt in an intersection.
The oil lamp has lid up, but there is plenty of oil. Also the check engine light is on.

When she tries to turn the engine over, it ALMOST starts, but not quite.

There is ½ a tank of diesel left.

She repports that all the electrics works, EXCEPT the cabin blower/cabin heater fans.

My problem is, that she's a a confrence in Denmark, and we live in Sweden 1000 km away, so i have no way of getting in there, and our road help only applies in Sweden, so getting a toe to the nearest garage would be £300. That's one thing, but it still wouldn't solve the problem of her being stranded.

We live in the sticks, so there is no trains to our house, so she needs the car to start, before she can get home.

Any ideas what a quick fix could be? I know this is a long shot.

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Inspect fuses in bsm, replace any blown one, then reboot the bsi. Examime for any residual faults, attempt starting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
similar problem

I encountered exactly the same problem last year with my 1.9d 2003 van. It happened that some insects found their way into the blower and this caused the blower to jam. The car refused to start after I arrived to my destination. It turned out that the jamming caused the fuse to overload and melt. I replaced the fuse among others that were blown, rebooted the bsi and was back on the road. I was enlightenment by an electrician that the blower is on the alternator circuit and that if the fuse blows it causes an imbalance in the circuit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts