Peugeot Forums banner

Need a new clutch?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  monty9120 
#1 ·
Hi people, I have a 2002 Peugeot 307 petrol manual.
The clutch has been normal since I got the car, never gave me any problems at all.
I know it's a hydraulic clutch, not cable.

As I'm driving along today in 4th gear, I come to a junction. I put my foot on the clutch and it's very firm. I put it into first, lift the pedal to where the biting point usually is and nothing is there. I continue to lift it up and it bites right at the very top. Also when driving along, the clutch plates slip now and then. It's almost like something is blocking the plates engaging properly.

I've had Green Flag out and they have advised I need a new clutch. Priced at £40-£80. I can fit it myself.

Does anyone else think it's the clutch?

#5 ·
It's just a small 1.4 petrol. I've done many clutches in my time, on bigger cars. So this should be a piece of cake.

It's getting stripped on Saturday, either way there's something wrong. I've taken it as worn clutch and got an LUK one on order for tomorrow. While I've got it apart I might as well change it anyway.

Guess nobody has ever had it before? Took my chances and posted here in case anyone had before and figured it to be a twisted cable or a leaking cylinder or something.

#8 ·
the slave cylinder pushes the fork when you press the pedal. then the release bearing pushes the pressure plate

my clutch was fine but i was getting a cracking sound. when i stripped it pressure plate was damaged. this happened to my grandads 106 too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.