Peugeot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'd take Wendy's offer as sometimes there are differences in how various scanners interpret codes or statuses in general.

Keen to know what the outcome is, please update the thread afterwards if you can! :)
of course, no problem. I just hope the outcome is a good one :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update on this. Windy kindly visited me on Tuesday and plugged into the car. 0 faults came up but he suggested perhaps the fuse for siren had blown. Looking in the glove box, was a mass of wires and I had planned to have a good look this morning to see if I could find it. Mrs took the car on the school run and then the car wouldn't start to come home :mad:. Exactly the same as Saturday before the £215 battery replacement. RAC out again and he found the below codes and said likely sticking starter motor. Bump started it and the start/stop light was on.

System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM TEST/VALUES
Name: 9HC - SID807_BR2 - 1.6L - 85 (116)
9HC - SID807 - 1.6L - 85 (116)
DTC: P1A9A,Stop and Start. Electrical network voltage too high
DTC: P1694,Controlled engine starting and stopping anomaly. Starter anomaly

I paid for 18 mths warranty on the car so I've dropped it where we bought from and they need to asses and then give quote to warranty company. The mechanic turned car off/on about 10 times and started fine and didn't think likely starter motor.

So 2 issues.
1.the alarm siren going off when lock car, they are going to look at the LH front door mechanism which was mentioned by the RAC on the phone (not the mechanic in person. He rand technical and I assume they looked via his machine) and hope that sorts the siren, if not they can look at the siren fuse maybe.
2.even with a new battery, car randomly deciding not to start at times? I'm now convinced this is to do with start/stop. We had never seen it working since buying the car so assumed it didnt have it. It worked for a day after the new battery was installed. Maybe a voltage issue going to the start stop, telling it not to start car?

Probably didnt need the £215 battery! Just hoping the garage will get this sorted but a little apprehensive if I'm honest.

If the codes from the RAC today mean anything or these below from their prior visits, please let me know.

Saturday night

System Type: BODY CONTROL MODULE
Name: BODY CONTROL MODULE
DTC: P0230,Fuel pump primary circuit
Name: CYFF - DURATORQ - TDCI - 2.2L - 92 (125)
DTC: P0672,Cylinder 2 Glow Plug Circuit
DTC: P0673,Cylinder 3 Glow Plug Circuit
DTC: P0693,Shift solenoid 3
DTC: P244C,Catalyst temperature too low during regeneration, bank 1
DTC: P246C,Diesel Particulate filter Restriction - Ash Accumulation
DTC: P2463,Diesel particle filter - soot accumulated

Sunday, after BSI reset on Saturday

Name: 9HC - SID807_BR2 - 1.6L - 85 (116)
9HC - SID807 - 1.6L - 85 (116)
DTC: P0031,Heating oxygen sensor
DTC: P1A9A,Stop and Start. Electrical network voltage too high
DTC: P0494,Twin speed fan: Incoherence between the setting (slow speed) and the status of the cooling
fan
DTC: U1213,CAN: One of the parameters present in a data stream sent by the ABS/ESP is invalid
System Type: BRAKES
Name: ANTILOCK BRAKING SYSTEM - BOSCH 9.0 ESP
DTC: U1118,No communication with BSI
DTC: U1108,Communication fault with engine ECU
DTC: U1508,Software Incompatibility With Engine Control Module
DTC: U1121,No communication with power steering ECU

DTC: U2213,Electric parking brake automatic release function wake-up status word reception problem
System Type: STEERING
Name: POWER STEERING - SMI/JTEKT
DTC: C1644,Power supply fault
DTC: C1406,Overheating of the power steering motor or ECU
DTC: U1213,Fault in communication between the electric power steering ECU and the ABS/ESP ECU
System Type: CENTRAL ELECTRONIC UNIT
Name: BODY COMPUTER - DIAGNOSE
DTC: B173D,Fault in identifying the mechanical/electronic key or the remote control present in the reader
DTC: B132C,Outside temperature sensor
DTC: B1169,Direction indicator left rear
DTC: B1163,Numberplate light
DTC: B1602,Main relay
DTC: B162C,Accessories positive (+ACC) relay output fault
DTC: B1716,Lack of coherence between the vehicle locking status and the locking status of the front left
door lock
DTC: B1805,Starter motor
DTC: B1816,Loss of the hybrid drive train information or of the starting authorisation information from the
engine management ECU
DTC: B1418,Seat belts not fastened display fault: Incorrect display
DTC: B132F,Air conditioning high pressure information
DTC: B132A,Air conditioning circuit low pressure safety fault
DTC: U1F2D,Communication fault with engine ECU
DTC: U1F00,Fault event not stored in the faults log
DTC: B1003,Configuration fault
DTC: U1F3C,No Commun

then new battery and so on.

Tuesday, no faults coming up when Windy came and plugged in to the car.

Thank you! Help me someone please! :giggle:

·
8,844 Posts
Based on the new codes looks like starter.

The voltage too high is ecu not seeing voltage drop from cranking and possibly stop start is not seeing engine rpm so logging starter fault.

However the old codes (which hopefully were from low battery voltage as they have not returned), could also be related to a failing engine fuse box ask garage to check for signs of water ingress

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Based on the new codes looks like starter.

The voltage too high is ecu not seeing voltage drop from cranking and possibly stop start is not seeing engine rpm so logging starter fault.

However the old codes (which hopefully were from low battery voltage as they have not returned), could also be related to a failing engine fuse box ask garage to check for signs of water ingress

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Thanks Windy,

I'm hoping the old codes were historical! I will mention to the garage about the water ingress.

I keep thinking of the bonnet up/alarm fine, close bonnet alarm goes off. (for alarm)

Hopefully it is simple as starter motor for the 2 x non starts (and even more hopeful that it is covered under warranty, it suggests it is)

Keep you posted on this, in the hope my suffering will help someone else!

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
There's a small black 2 pin connector plug clipped to the slam panel between the radiator & left hand headlamp - disconnect this as its the bonnet catch switch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi guys, update on this.
RAC bump started car last week when it didn't start and I took back to garage we bought from under warranty for them to look. They changed starter motor and said car ready to collect. Picked up today and got it home, alarm goes off still! They also said the battery went flat twice yesterday. The battery I paid £215 for last week.

So RAC out again and he's looked at battery, said it's 12.7 V and nothing appears to be draining it whilst sat there. But then his system said Replace battery so he's gone to get one and will replace. That wont fix the alarm issue still so it's going to have to go back to the garage. I will phone warranty company to see if Peugeot main dealer will look at it under warranty as I can't keep wasting my time.

I'm now under the impression that the first RAC visit that included a BSI reset, has triggered the alarm system and probably needs Peugeot to sort it. I have no idea why the car wouldn't start initially or why it happened last week either. Maybe it was starer motor related but gut feel on that is that it's to do with Start/Stop system. Which again most likely I'm guessing is a job for Peugeot and not a local garage.

Moral of the story appears to be either lease your vehicle or if you want to buy a car, buy something very old that has less electronics!

·
8,844 Posts
Sorry to hear they have not sorted it yet. Stop/start is unlikely to stop car starting as initial starting is by conventional starter and stop/start uses the alternator to restart the engine most of the time.

I am still thinking Battery Protection Module or Engine Fuse Box due to battery drain (unless battery is faulty)

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
On my 2015 model the starter does all the starting.
But how can a battery go flat twice in one day?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
god only knows on the battery, seems most unlikely that the new battery fitted was faulty and the RAC were most surprised that the system said to replace it, but we'll see I guess. We've booked the car back to the garage for Monday as they cant touch it today/tomorrow. I want them to check for water ingress (not sure they did) and they can try and find the alarm siren fuse maybe.

On another forum someone suggest they had to have a BSI rebuild to get the alarm off. That sounds scary to me and £££, so I hope dont need that. I do wonder though.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
But how can a battery go flat twice in one day?
Either something is draining the battery OR the battery has got an eternal fault.

I'd go for the something is draining the battery.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Either something is draining the battery OR the battery has got an eternal fault.

I'd go for the something is draining the battery.
matey yesterday had a look and said nothing appeared to be draining it. If it went to Peugeot, would their Diag be much better than the RAC's and Snap on one the garage use? Windy couldn't find any faults when he came and plugged in but you'd hope/assume that the main dealer would be able to diagnose quickly? I mean if not, the future isn't looking great when electric cars are everywhere. I wish I still had my Honda Prelude, the kids wouldn't fit in it but I miss having a simple and brilliant car!

·
8,844 Posts
The only thing different Peugeot can do is to update or reload software for BSI and other ECU's if they are corrupted or there is a update to clear a known issue.

Other than that in my view often they are less able than some independent mechanics and just rely on the diagnostic equipment and checklists.

They were useless with my old 807 telling me I needed a new turbo when it had a duff swirl valve and giving me my money back when the could not reset additive counter and told me ECU needed replacing (unplugged and plugged ECU back in and then counters reset fine)

·
Registered
387 Posts
This happened on my 2015 model after changing the battery. The BSI wasn't allowed to go to sleep as the process wasn't followed properly and it required a BSI reset by Peugeot.

You'll have to take it to them. You're wasting your time doing anything else and I'd also be asking the RAC to foot the bill.

You'll probably notice if you lock it manually with the key, the alarm won't go off. If that's the case then you're definitely in the same boat as I was.

This is why it's crucial to follow the process to allow the BSI to enter sleep mode.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hi guys, just thought I'd update on this! Car was booked in 4 weeks ago for 7th September with Peugeot (earliest app) for diag. Car was driving ok and had to just use the key in the door to lock it, as alarm still goes off with FOB. Then week and a half ago Mrs is out with kids and goes to leave to come home and wouldn't start again! RAC out again and couldnt suss it. Had to bump start car and because Peugeot still had nothing earlier than today, we had to not use the car.

Today we had to bump it to get the car to Peugeot and they have said they believe 2 issues. The alarm going off is because of the BSI reset likely being carried out wrong by RAC. (as Mark313 suggests). The other issue with regards to the car not starting is apparently to do with an electrical harness that runs from engine to Fuse Box. It's apparently damaged. Peugeot suggested 3 hours labour and we are waiting to see if warranty covers. My argument is that this is a 6 year old car and it's not wear and tear surely?! I dotn understand how wiring in the engine bay has ended up a problem in 70k miles on a 6 year old car unless work done fitting new air con compressor led to someone damaging it. Seems odd.

So praying that it's covered under warranty. If not RAC can bloody contribute something. Hoping that the alarm wont go off after a BSI reload or whatever he called it and that the car stops cutting out after the wiring thing is sorted!!!

Cheers, hope whoever reads this is doing alright :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
back again with another update, hope you're keeping up!

This morning we collected the car from Peugeot. They did the BSI reload and fixed this wiring under the fuse box. £216 I paid and I have to recover from warranty company. They only charge £60 an hour to warranty and £130 an hour to the public, otherwise would have been far more than £216.

Left there no issues. Mrs stops for fuel and then car says Engine fault:have the vehicle repaired and the engine management light came on. SO it's now back at fffffing Peugeot. The warranty runs out in 3 days. Please god, or anyone, it's something that needs resetting or easy. I'm exhausted from it all.

I wont be buying a French car again, not a hope!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
next update. They did an ECU reset and charged me for it. Warranty wont cover software updates. Picked the car up yesterday morning, went down the road, switched it off and an hour later set off, on starting the same message has come up again! Engine Fault: Have the vehicle repaired on the display and the engine management light on. Called Peugeot and they'd gone for the day so now going to call in the morning and say that I've now left the car twice with them and still have an issue. I thought their computer diagnostics would be able to point out any issues?

Driving me insance now and the warranty we had for 18 mths is now finished. I need Peugeot to take some responsibility and have a conscience and get this sorted for me.

Does anyone have any ideas please?? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Since you reported this problem before the warranty expired, it should still be covered, for this fault only.
But they should have reported on whatever fault brought up the warning on the display. Or was this "ECU reset" just canceling the warning code? Anyone could do that with a cheap code reader.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
the warranty have agreed to pay the £216 for the initial 3 hours labour, that dealt with the BSI reload and fixing the wiring under bonnet. They wont now pay more I dont think. I dread main dealerships due to their costs, but assumed that I wouldn't now have a problem that wasnt there before they had the car. I had no engine management light before (albeit the car had an issue with the alarm and then wouldnt start due to this tethered wiring). They've let us take the car twice and I dont think it's good enough really.

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
If they caused another fault, then they should repair it FOC. But they will never admit to causing any fault in my experience.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If they took the car back in for an 'ECU reset' the first time and saw fit to charge you for it, they have already taken responsibility to an extent. They should either take the car back in and make good on their original chargeable service or if they say that they now suspect it's something else, they should refund you for the last ECU reset since they charged for a service they had no justification for. If they say it's actually something else, get them to quote you for a fix then all them to refund you for the ECU reset before you decide to go any further. That way they can't just top up the new bill to cover the refund!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 49 Posts