Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, hoping someone clever might be able to help me!

Mrs has a 308 SW 2015 1.6 diesel. Had it a year, no issues. Yesterday when out, got back in car and eco mode came up on screen within 30 seconds, started car fine, drove for 15 - 20 miles, stopped at a kfc, leaving key in ignition but switched off, after a long queue came back to the Mrs and grumpy kids in the car. Turned key, eco mode straight away and wouldn't turn over at all. No clicks, nothing. 5 hour wait for RAC, guy did a BSI reset after checking fuses and so on and car started. Said battery might want checking but relieved to get car home close to midnight. Then locked the car with fob and alarm went off. Opened and let car lock itself, alarm went off. Locked with key and left overnight.

Called RAC out again today and their system suggested a new battery so paid 拢215 for a new AGM one (didnt even know we had start/stop so maybe battery was on the way out for some time and that's why no Start/Stop?) he took his time, seemed thorough and then went to lock car and alarm started again (crying inside at this point). He checked bonnet latch and said not that. However, this morning before he came out i tried to lock the car with FOB whilst bonnet was open and no alarm, as soon as I closed the bonnet it sounded. His system suggested left hand front door mechanism and he left me with a "take to garage and say that". But I'm not convinced that this door mechanism is the cause of the alarm issue. It's never had a problem until after the chap last night did a reset. By changing the battery with bonnet up, is there some process that needs it to be closed during the reset so that the alarm sets properly?

I feel that I'm going to take the car to a garage, they'll replace the door mechanism (not sure if that's passenger or driver's LH front?) then the alarm will still go off when trying to lock it with the FOB.

Really annoyed that we now have this issue and hoping there's a way of resetting the alarm system or something.

Any help MASSIVELY APPRECIATED! I'm in MK if anyone can recommend a nearby garage or want to come and take a look :) 馃槒

Thanks
Aaron

Just make sure all doors and bonnet are shut, lock the car with fob and leave it for a good 10 mins then unlock the car and that should resync alarm. If it then goes off you need the codes read (in alarm ECU) to find trigger.

If you still have a problem post again and i'm sure a member in the area can read codes (my office is in MK and I maybe able to arrange something the next time I have to visit office)

Registered
Hi guys, hoping someone clever might be able to help me!

Mrs has a 308 SW 2015 1.6 diesel. Had it a year, no issues. Yesterday when out, got back in car and eco mode came up on screen within 30 seconds, started car fine, drove for 15 - 20 miles, stopped at a kfc, leaving key in ignition but switched off, after a long queue came back to the Mrs and grumpy kids in the car. Turned key, eco mode straight away and wouldn't turn over at all. No clicks, nothing. 5 hour wait for RAC, guy did a BSI reset after checking fuses and so on and car started. Said battery might want checking but relieved to get car home close to midnight. Then locked the car with fob and alarm went off. Opened and let car lock itself, alarm went off. Locked with key and left overnight.

Called RAC out again today and their system suggested a new battery so paid 拢215 for a new AGM one (didnt even know we had start/stop so maybe battery was on the way out for some time and that's why no Start/Stop?) he took his time, seemed thorough and then went to lock car and alarm started again (crying inside at this point). He checked bonnet latch and said not that. However, this morning before he came out i tried to lock the car with FOB whilst bonnet was open and no alarm, as soon as I closed the bonnet it sounded. His system suggested left hand front door mechanism and he left me with a "take to garage and say that". But I'm not convinced that this door mechanism is the cause of the alarm issue. It's never had a problem until after the chap last night did a reset. By changing the battery with bonnet up, is there some process that needs it to be closed during the reset so that the alarm sets properly?

I feel that I'm going to take the car to a garage, they'll replace the door mechanism (not sure if that's passenger or driver's LH front?) then the alarm will still go off when trying to lock it with the FOB.

Really annoyed that we now have this issue and hoping there's a way of resetting the alarm system or something.

Any help MASSIVELY APPRECIATED! I'm in MK if anyone can recommend a nearby garage or want to come and take a look :) 馃槒

Thanks
Aaron

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just make sure all doors and bonnet are shut, lock the car with fob and leave it for a good 10 mins then unlock the car and that should resync alarm. If it then goes off you need the codes read (in alarm ECU) to find trigger.

If you still have a problem post again and i'm sure a member in the area can read codes (my office is in MK and I maybe able to arrange something the next time I have to visit office)
Thanks for replying, so leave the car locked with the alarm sounding for 10 mins and then unlock? As soon as I lock, it sounds.

Registered
You need to determine the trigger. It could be that the backup battery is broken after the main one went flat and therefore the alarm sees this as a linecut and triggers the siren.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need to determine the trigger. It could be that the backup battery is broken after the main one went flat and therefore the alarm sees this as a linecut and triggers the siren.
Gotcha, he was also checking fuses and i wonder if one maybe controls the alarm and has been disrupted. The battery had some juice still he was saying, so dont think it went flat flat. Do you think there's anything in this LH front door mechanism being the culprit? The bonnet being open and the alarm not going off when locking the car seems odd too. When you do teh BSI reset, should you have the bonnet closed before you do the last bit with key in ignition? Maybe the system reset but due to bonnet being open it's telling the alarm that bonnet needs to be open to set the alarm?

Registered
Do all the ajar warnings (bonnet/doors/boot) work as they should? Ie, aperture shown open when in fact open and closed when actually closed?

Have you tried disabling the interior motion sensors?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do all the ajar warnings (bonnet/doors/boot) work as they should? Ie, aperture shown open when in fact open and closed when actually closed?

Have you tried disabling the interior motion sensors?
all seems to work as it should yes. I've not tried turning off the sensors no, is that easy? Button somewhere?! (apologies not often in her car)

Registered
If it's a factory-fitted alarm, there should be a button to disable them to the right of the steering wheel. It has a graphic of a vehicle with a sensor in it and "OFF" written below it.

How much time elapses between you locking the vehicle and the alarm sounding?
When the alarm has been triggered, after unlocking the vehicle and before switching the ignition on, the aforementioned button has an LED indicator that might be flashing; can you check if it is indeed flashing or not?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it's a factory-fitted alarm, there should be a button to disable them to the right of the steering wheel. It has a graphic of a vehicle with a sensor in it and "OFF" written below it.

How much time elapses between you locking the vehicle and the alarm sounding?
When the alarm has been triggered, after unlocking the vehicle and before switching the ignition on, the aforementioned button has an LED indicator that might be flashing; can you check if it is indeed flashing or not?
Thanks, just checked. So click to lock car on FOB and alarm is immediate. Can see the button LED blinking. Disable the alarm with FOB, LED off immediately.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I keep thinking about the bonnet being open and the alarm works but when closed it goes off. RAC disabled the bonnet sensor to see if it was that but no good.

Registered
The alarm LED blinking when the alarm is armed makes sense. Does it blink at all after you unlock the vehicle but don't turn the ignition on?

Also, when you say the alarm goes off as soon as you lock, do you mean that literally or are there a couple of seconds between locking and the alarm starting to sound?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi, once the alarm is disarmed (with key fob) the light stops blinking immediately.

It goes off as soon as you press the lock button and mirrors start to fold in

Registered
Did you have a chance to try deactivating the interior sensors? If yes, did the alarm go off?

If there was a proper trigger (like the motion sensor or a door ajar sensor) I would expect the LED on the motion sensor button to be flashing after you unlock the vehicle, as that's used to let you know that the alarm has sounded in the past while locked.

The interior motion sensors are armed 45 seconds after the vehicle being locked, whereas the bonnet/door/boot ajar sensors (perimeter alarm) are activated after 5 seconds.

If your alarm is going off immediately, to me this sounds like an internal to the alarm issue, perhaps it's seeing a line-cut or a voltage disturbance.

This is all guesswork though based on the symptoms you describe. I'd try and get the vehicle hooked up to Diagbox and find the last trigger info there.

I am in MK tomorrow morning if you are available

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you have a chance to try deactivating the interior sensors? If yes, did the alarm go off?

If there was a proper trigger (like the motion sensor or a door ajar sensor) I would expect the LED on the motion sensor button to be flashing after you unlock the vehicle, as that's used to let you know that the alarm has sounded in the past while locked.

The interior motion sensors are armed 45 seconds after the vehicle being locked, whereas the bonnet/door/boot ajar sensors (perimeter alarm) are activated after 5 seconds.

If your alarm is going off immediately, to me this sounds like an internal to the alarm issue, perhaps it's seeing a line-cut or a voltage disturbance.

This is all guesswork though based on the symptoms you describe. I'd try and get the vehicle hooked up to Diagbox and find the last trigger info there.
I will have a look later on and see regarding the motion sensors, but as it's immediate and going on what you've suggested, I'm guessing it's not them. The RAC I assume dont have as good diag as a specific PUG one?

Registered
I'd take Wendy's offer as sometimes there are differences in how various scanners interpret codes or statuses in general.

Keen to know what the outcome is, please update the thread afterwards if you can! :)

Wow, that's very kind! I'll make myself available! Is there a way of privately messaging on here, so I can arrange something with you?
Use the conversation option in your profile (you may get a pop up as I will try contact you)

Reactions: aaronlee978
1 - 20 of 49 Posts