Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new hear and just need a little help
well I got my 1st car a Pug 106

but after buying it and getting it home I have discovered it has a few problems,1 I hear this whirling sound as I'm driving suspect that's the weel bearings but not 100% sure, 2nd problem oil in water and bottom of head has oil around it so head gasket gone I reckon then also noticed oil leaking from rocker cover so that gasket needs replacing

and also when I'm driving sometimes when I get to around 30 it will judder untill I let of gas then press it down again and it will go allright, and now I just noticed there is a slight bit of blue smoke coming from exhaust so that means I'm burning oil

got a fealing its gonna cost a lot to get right,but its taxed and motd

I heard that burning oil will be b/c of worn valve guide or worn rings, if it is worn rings can I take the old ones out and wack the new ones in or is there more too it

cost me £300 from a garage in manchester but it comes with full service history all old mot's and reciets

·
Registered
862 Posts
jordysean said:
hi im new hear and just need a little help
well I got my 1st car a Pug 106

but after buying it and getting it home I have discovered it has a few problems,1 I hear this whirling sound as I'm driving suspect that's the weel bearings but not 100% sure, 2nd problem oil in water and bottom of head has oil around it so head gasket gone I reckon then also noticed oil leaking from rocker cover so that gasket needs replacing

and also when I'm driving sometimes when I get to around 30 it will judder untill I let of gas then press it down again and it will go allright, and now I just noticed there is a slight bit of blue smoke coming from exhaust so that means I'm burning oil

got a fealing its gonna cost a lot to get right,but its taxed and motd

I heard that burning oil will be b/c of worn valve guide or worn rings, if it is worn rings can I take the old ones out and wack the new ones in or is there more too it

cost me £300 from a garage in manchester but it comes with full service history all old mot's and reciets

High and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Thats a fair list of problems,personally i would go for a replacement engine. You should be able to get a good one from a local breaker no problem. If you do make sure you get some sort of warranty/guarantee and if possible ask to hear it running.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
talking to my dad he says the rocker cover is easily fixed and he also said he has replaced head gaskets before so all i would have to pay for is the gaskets but i was wondering would that and a full service cure the oil burning its only when the engine is cold once it is warm the blue smoke goes:confused:

and the blue smoke is only light blueish white

just me or my dad dont have the tools to take out a full engine

·
Registered
862 Posts
jordysean said:
talking to my dad he says the rocker cover is easily fixed and he also said he has replaced head gaskets before so all i would have to pay for is the gaskets but i was wondering would that and a full service cure the oil burning its only when the engine is cold once it is warm the blue smoke goes:confused:

and the blue smoke is only light blueish white

just me or my dad dont have the tools to take out a full engine

As well as a good service put some cleaner into a full tank of fuel (redex) or similar,will surprise you how much difference this makes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts