Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my girlfriends main driving bulb isnt working on the nearside. I brought new bulb fitted that and nothing happened. After that i checked with multimeter and it comes up 0.01. So i checked the fuses under bonnet and all are fine. Could it be the relay or would it be both sides if that had gone?

Thanks in advance
Paul

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if it helps the car sometimes beeps inside and the light icon comes on the instrument panel. Thought it was just doing that to tell me bulb had gone.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The light warning on the LCD with the noise is usually due to a bulb blown. Now I would happily stand corrected by an expert, but if it was a relay you would not get this message.

Therefore it must be either the bulb, the socket or the wiring loom / connector for the bulbs?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The black plastic surrounding the clip fell apart a bit when i pulled it off but i would of thought power still going to it when i put the multimeter on the connection. I cant see where the purple and black wire go inside the light to see if dodgy connection inside. Do you have to remove bumper to take the light out?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
yes you do. i cut the wires and joined new crimps onto mine

if theres a wiring fault in the connector it wont read the voltage.

to test cut the wire where its easy to get to. check the voltage. then reattach it afterwards

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not checked fuses in glovebox as i read that they are under the bonnet for the lights. Fuses number 9,10,11 and 12. Dont think it will make any difference cutting the connectors off as i can touch the bare wire with the multimeter where they are crimped in place. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Decided to have a proper look today and found no power going to the fuse for that bulb. Power is going to the fuses for all the rest of the lights :(. Where would be the next part to check? Was thinking maybe the stalk on the steering wheel but wouldnt that make both sides not work?

D

·
0 Posts
Power comes from the engine bay fusebox which gives a bit of trouble but not light problems. You'll have to get the wiring checked between fusebox and lamp also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked the engine bay fusebox and there isnt any power going to the fuse for the light thats not working.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts