Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
My 307 near side sill (the passenger side which runs under the passenger front and back door) fill with water. The water started coming out from some holes at the inner wall of the sill inside. Any idea how this water got into the sill.

G

·
Hi

I have not seen that on a 307, but on any car, I would start with a visual inspection under the bonnet for any sign of leaves etc blocking drain holes under and around where the wipers are.

If water does nor run away there, it can end up going in through heater ducts.

Secondly, I would inspect the door sears to ensure no rips or damage.

Next - have a look under the car. Many cars have plastic bungs plugging holes in the floor and sills. These can get pushe dout by high heel shoes - an dlet water in as a consequence.

Then...if the car has a sunroof... check that all drain holes are not blocked, as if they are, you can get water running does the A pillars behind the trim.

I suggest that you get the carpets out (remove seats and console, then refit seats - check airbag procedures for seatbelt pretensioners) and get them dried as they will start to smell andprobably start going mouldy...

With the carpets out, that will give you an easier way to look for where the water is comming from... user newspaper on the floor - that can often show the direction of travel!

Not easy to trace usually, but take your time and look hard.

David

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Jack your car up and drive a screwdriver through the joints under the sill , takes a good thump screwdriver and will go in about 5 inches, the water will flow out.
You know you have water in the sill because when your driving you can hear in sloshing about, common problem.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear BestGear and bettyswollocks
Many thanks for your contribution I will try what you suggested.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
If you jack the car up at the back and open the joint at the front of the sill the water will flow downhill and out fairly easily.(joints are easy to see when you are looking at them from below , be careful), let us know how you get on.:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts