Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

Some Peugeot models have a built-in mono-chrome or colour navigation monitors. The software which runs there is Siemens VDO.

I have Peogeut 607 2.2 model year 2002. I have a built-in vdo navigation. The CD has the version 7.00 on its cover (EMF-D 03.21 and Navigation-D 16.10). when I go to the site navteq.com I do not know find a good indication which software of navigation maps to choose which shall run on the version of VDO my car has.

Are those the right options: Navteq Built-in, Factory Installed > Peugeot > 607 > 2002 > SVDO Dayton Navigation?

Does the VDO need an upgrade first?
if yes where to get it from?

Many thanks,
Henry

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
hi henry

VDO systems are totally different (they are the color navigation system built in some newer 607's) yours is a monochrome and you need this as your is the seimen system:

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...R_gMAAAETq0gFeS6D&HideCrumb=&JumpTo=OfferList

the good thing about the seimens monochrome system is that Navteq have included the software update in it, as soon as you enter the new disc, it automatically updates the software on your car. I think the only update has been version 8.0 since they have changed the satnav system in Peugeot since 2005 face lift model.

I would recommend to get it directly from them as they are the latest versions, ebay ones are not 2008 and sometimes are copies..

let us know if you need anymore help..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for the valuable answer!

VDO systems are totally different (they are the color navigation system built in some newer 607's) yours is a monochrome and you need this as your is the seimen system ...
Mono-chrome means 1 colour. My on board system has RGB colours. However, not as colourful as the new navigation systems like TomTom. So is it still labelled mono-chrome?

the good thing about the seimens monochrome system is that Navteq have included the software update in it, as soon as you enter the new disc, it automatically updates the software on your car. I think the only update has been version 8.0 since they have changed the satnav system in Peugeot since 2005 face lift model.
So I shall never worry about updating the VDO software, before the navigation software, since NavTeq has both the latest update which fits with the latest navigation software on the same CD. right?

Many thanks,
Henry

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
y're welcome mate...

the easiest thing is if you could take a photo of your centre display and post it here.. I would then be able to tell you what system you have and what software you require..

glad to be of help mate..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mate,

I wanted to post photos and links but can not since I am still a new member. This a restriction of the forum.

My svdo looks exactly is in the post posted by TristanC and has the title:
607 - Sat Nav - Updated software - what are the "4"'s ??

To find it: one clicks on the upper menu on the site: Search, then pick the Advanced Search, then Search by User Name, then type in: TristanC
It is the first post listed.

Many thanks,
Henry

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
yeah, I know you dont have enough posts to load photos..

if yours looks like Tristans, then its NOT the monochrome system..

it is VDO Dayton color navigation system.. If you have problem with the color then you might need to adjust the colors.

with regards to the software, you would need to buy a separate software CD. The latest version is 8.0 and then you can buy the map cd from Navteq. If you notice in Tristans post, I have added the part number for the software cd.

its about £17 plus vat.

good luck, let us know if you need any help..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts