Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally input my destinations manually, but today decided to try out the voice command system. I tried inputting an address by voice, using the commands listed but the system responded by telling me that input of an address using voice commands does not function in this country. Is this right?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I normally input my destinations manually, but today decided to try out the voice command system. I tried inputting an address by voice, using the commands listed but the system responded by telling me that input of an address using voice commands does not function in this country. Is this right?
it works it northern ireland

·
Registered
314 Posts
I get that too. I've found the voice command pretty useless so far, she doesn't seem to be able to do a lot. I can say 'navigate home' or 'navigate to work' but that's about it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I said "Navigate to address - followed by the address, and it said this function is not available in this country. Really odd
I said navigate to "home" and "she" confirmed this and set up nav to home address. I was surprised my accent was understood, as Q3 wasn't good in this regard, although it had accent learning facility

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
That doesn't sound right Lee. It clearly states ' Voice recognition' (radio, navigation and telephony features), for all trim levels except Active trim, in the new UK brochure.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I agree Beau, but Shamilt1 has the same problem, and although Roma says it works in Ireland, it sounds that the Navigate to Home command was used, which seems to work OK. Don't know if Roma has tried inputting a whole address by speech. I was using the "Navigate to address" command that comes up on a list as soon as I press my Speech button.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I had this happen. Check the mapping is set to the UK. Mine had reset to FR after resetting the profiles to try and sort out Live Services. After I changed it back to UK I had no further problems. Live Services still don't work though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree Beau, but Shamilt1 has the same problem, and although Roma says it works in Ireland, it sounds that the Navigate to Home command was used, which seems to work OK. Don't know if Roma has tried inputting a whole address by speech. I was using the "Navigate to address" command that comes up on a list as soon as I press my Speech button.
No i haven't tried inputting a full address Lee. Voice command works fine for station selection on fm band also . Thats all I've tried so far.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see Page 10 of the Telematics/Navigation manual gives a list of commands (including Navigate to address) that can be used, but then has a note at the bottom of the page saying "Depending on Country". Looks like we don't get that command option then. Pretty bloody stupid as it's probably going to be used more than most.

·
Registered
136 Posts
would have thought they recognise NI as UK so don't know whats going on. Not much use if it doesn't work for you Lee.

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
I see Page 10 of the Telematics/Navigation manual gives a list of commands (including Navigate to address) that can be used, but then has a note at the bottom of the page saying "Depending on Country". Looks like we don't get that command option then. Pretty bloody stupid as it's probably going to be used more than most.
Seems odd Lee. Does the rest of the advertised voice things like Radio and telephone work by voice...if so, why disable voice for sat nav only.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Here is the information as promised Lee:

Change country is top rh side of screen keyboard as you thought.

Set country to France and language to English - command isn’t recognised.

Set country to France and language to French – allows voice commands.

Set country to UK and set language to French – ‘command isn’t available in your country’.

Presumably commands in English will come as a software update in the future.

Chris

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mine was also not allowing me to say an address but I've just tried it again and it works. This must have been fixed in the last update I did last week.

Here's the version I'm currently running:

PS. A newer firmware is available but I haven't installed it yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
As mine was only built Monday gone, do you think it will have the latest version allowing voice for the sat nav?
My guess is yes it would have the latest version installed. Peugeot seem to be knocking them out quite quickly at the moment, although the download service is currently unavailable for anyone trying to get them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.