Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just bought a Peugeot 307 1.6 HDi Quicksilver 55 plate. To the salesman suprise is has a navigation system (voice only). From the research I've done I won't be using it as it costs £10 per month!!. I was wondering if there is anyway I can connect my mobile (iPhone) to the same system (ie through speakers)? Also, does anyone know if this model has a function (aux lead?) to connect an iPhone to play music and make calls? As I can't see one.

Thank you

J

·
0 Posts
You can easily buy cables off ebay to allow you to connect your iPhone to the headunit.
Two options really... either a 3.5mm jack lead, or a USB connection. If you want to use the satnav from your phone, I would say you're better off with the aux lead, as then I presume whatever sound came from the phone would be heard across the car speakers (haven't heard of anyone doing this, other than listening to music, so would need checking).
Once bought, you would need someone to program them in to your car in order for it to 'see' that they are there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You can easily buy cables off ebay to allow you to connect your iPhone to the headunit.
Two options really... either a 3.5mm jack lead, or a USB connection. If you want to use the satnav from your phone, I would say you're better off with the aux lead, as then I presume whatever sound came from the phone would be heard across the car speakers (haven't heard of anyone doing this, other than listening to music, so would need checking).
Once bought, you would need someone to program them in to your car in order for it to 'see' that they are there.

Thank you for your reply. Unless I am being stupid I can't find where the lead would plug into. I've looked in the glove box and around it (incidentally found a small speaker 3 inch squared - guessing that's for the satnav). Do you know if the aux plug does exist? Or do I need to buy something in addition.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
J

·
0 Posts
The aux port will be on the back of the radio head unit itself - amongst all the other connector blocks :nod:
Therefore, you won't see it unless you take the head unit out.

J

·
0 Posts
Nope, if you go down the route of connecting in via the 3.5mm jack, there is a much easier option with a dealer part which would give you the jack and RCA type plugs on a box which connects to the head unit, or an option off ebay for just a 3.5mm jack connection which connects direct into the head unit.

Would need to check you have the same aux ports on your head unit as I have (I've got RD4), but assuming you do, then the cable can be simply plugged in, and then activated via Planet - no need for any other boxes of tricks in between them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, if you go down the route of connecting in via the 3.5mm jack, there is a much easier option with a dealer part which would give you the jack and RCA type plugs on a box which connects to the head unit, or an option off ebay for just a 3.5mm jack connection which connects direct into the head unit.

Would need to check you have the same aux ports on your head unit as I have (I've got RD4), but assuming you do, then the cable can be simply plugged in, and then activated via Planet - no need for any other boxes of tricks in between them.
Thanks again for your reply. I'm getting bit confused so I'm thinking a trip to the Peugeot garage or Halfords may help me, as they can show me which part I need.

Not sure of the radio model number but it looks like this
peugeot radio 307 - Google Search

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi,

I've just bought a Peugeot 307 1.6 HDi Quicksilver 55 plate. To the salesman suprise is has a navigation system (voice only). From the research I've done I won't be using it as it costs £10 per month!!. I was wondering if there is anyway I can connect my mobile (iPhone) to the same system (ie through speakers)? Also, does anyone know if this model has a function (aux lead?) to connect an iPhone to play music and make calls? As I can't see one.

Thank you
Hi
I would love to see what kind of system this is, that costs £10/month
Do you have photos?

Regards

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi
Do you have photos?

Regards

To be fair I have only read on-line that is costs £10 per month. The information about it can be found here:

Peugeot Launches Special Edition 307 With Smartnav as Standard

I haven't used the system yet. When I am ready there is a trafficmaster button (TM) opposite side of the ignition. Once I press this I will be put through to the helpdesk where they will set-up an account (I will be given one months free trial). Its a bit weird as there is no screen!!!

Once I have set it up I will let you know the cost.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Hmm just popped to Halfords and manager said the lead I need costs £99 !!

Sorry for sounding a bit stupid but I am a little lost. I am not 100% sure of the exact model of radio I have put based on pictures from google it seems to be the Clarion RC280/RC290 it has a Blaupunkt 5 CD changer. Are you saying I do need something like this:

Peugeot 307 AUX iPod iPhone MP3 player Peugeot AUX adapter - CTVPGX010

Also not sure what you meant by "activate via Planet" - please explain :)

Thank you for your patience :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Some of my responses haven't appeared, not sure why!!

Anyway I think I have the RD3. I popped to Halfords and they said the cable would cost £99! Does that sound right??

For that money I may as well get a Parrot Bluetooth system!

Also how would I update something on planet? Would a dealer do this! As it seems expensive to do myself.

J

·
0 Posts
Nope, Halfrauds are taking the Michael there.... get a lead off ebay for a tenner ish.

You could find someone on here local to you with Planet to do the necessary, or pay Peugeot £50-£80 (depending on dealer) to do it for you.

p.s. pictures won't show until a mod has approved them ('cos you're a new member)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi
Do you have photos?

Regards
The system is called smartnav run by trafficmaster . On my steering column there is a button (labelled TM). When this is pressed a call goes through to traffic master and I tell them where I am going and they program the snartnav.

It costs £11.00 per month for 30 routes or they do a PAYG which costs 89p per route (min £25 top up). There is no screen to follow the rout but the navigation is played through the speakers. Also, they are giving me a months trial.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The system is called smartnav run by trafficmaster . On my steering column there is a button (labelled TM). When this is pressed a call goes through to traffic master and I tell them where I am going and they program the snartnav.

It costs £11.00 per month for 30 routes or they do a PAYG which costs 89p per route (min £25 top up). There is no screen to follow the rout but the navigation is played through the speakers. Also, they are giving me a months trial.
buy a tomtom...lol...there free to use, and you can see where your going..lol....:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
buy a tomtom...lol...there free to use, and you can see where your going..lol....:D
LOL I do agree. But it seems pretty fun gadget (a good gadget is something you don't need but you want!! )
Also, the other features are traffic alerts and a tracking device incase the vechile is stolen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nope, Halfrauds are taking the Michael there.... get a lead off ebay for a tenner ish.

You could find someone on here local to you with Planet to do the necessary, or pay Peugeot £50-£80 (depending on dealer) to do it for you.

p.s. pictures won't show until a mod has approved them ('cos you're a new member)
Really struggling to confirm what I need as each link and picture is not bring approved by the Mods(?).
If you are able to please you post a link/picture confirming what I need. To confirm my phone iPhone 4s and trying to connect to a RD3 stero (Peugeot 307 March 2005).

Thank you

1 - 20 of 26 Posts