Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand you can somehow navigate to a phone (or is it TomTom) contact, as a shortcut.
How does one organise that system?.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I understand you can somehow navigate to a phone (or is it TomTom) contact, as a shortcut.
How does one organise that system?.
I put a contact into my Android which obviously must include name (nagaman for instance) and the full address with or without a telephone number. Pair your mobile bluetooth with the car, when you then start the car (after a few seconds) you can say 'navigate to contact nagaman' and hey-presto :) This works with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge but I can't vouch for other Androids or IOS but I think they should also work.

You can also add a contact into the car's memory and it will work the same.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a contact into my Android which obviously must include name (nagaman for instance) and the full address with or without a telephone number. Pair your mobile bluetooth with the car, when you then start the car (after a few seconds) you can say 'navigate to contact nagaman' and hey-presto :) This works with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge but I can't vouch for other Androids or IOS but I think they should also work.

You can also add a contact into the car's memory and it will work the same.
Thanks Tell, now to get the car:)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Unfortunately, whilst fine over Bluetooth, this does not seem to work if you plug your phone into the USB socket (i.e. when using apple carplay). Which is a pain, as I use carplay all the time.

or is it just me?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Unfortunately, whilst fine over Bluetooth, this does not seem to work if you plug your phone into the USB socket (i.e. when using apple carplay). Which is a pain, as I use carplay all the time.

or is it just me?
You can add a contact to the cars memory, I assume that would still work with CarPlay ???

·
Registered
204 Posts
You can add a contact to the cars memory, I assume that would still work with CarPlay ???
Yes, you can add manually, but not select from your phone contacts if connected through CarPlay.

It's a little like not connecting to the peugeot app when using CarPlay, and not having wireless car play so you can use the wireless charging plate.

A few of the 3008 electronics are not fully thought through!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, you can add manually, but not select from your phone contacts if connected through CarPlay.

It's a little like not connecting to the peugeot app when using CarPlay, and not having wireless car play so you can use the wireless charging plate.

A few of the 3008 electronics are not fully thought through!
Maybe the mobile phone and car manufacturers have different priorities.....perhaps they should collaborate more.
Does an Audi frinstance give no problems?.

·
Registered
313 Posts

or is it just me?
But in this situation you can do a long press on the voice command button which activates Siri then ask ' navigate to ....contact....) You'll then navigate using Apple maps on the screen instead of the tom-tom. It will use a bit of data and you might not want to do it this way, but it is a workaround I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts