Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you know what the update is for? I have received a notification regarding the availability of this update but no information of what they're fixing or improving.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
do you know what the update is for? I have received a notification regarding the availability of this update but no information of what they're fixing or improving.

thanks!
Hi, unfortunately they never release any details about the updates.

Many members leave the firmware updates for the dealership to do, because of issues some members have encountered during the update process (read: bricked head units). It is covered under warranty it seems, but still it means you must wait for parts to be ordered and perhaps make several trips to your delaer if something does go wrong during the update process.
I do the map updates, and leave the FW updates for Peugeot to do themselves.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I left a FW update to a dealer for my 508 GT.
Came back with silent parking sensors and the buttons down near the gear lever didn't work.

Clever stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Firmware update issue

Hi, has anyone else had an issue with the firmware update where they've downloaded the update from the link sent via the MyPeugeot App phone but when they've tried to run the update from a usb stick it comes up with a message that it's not compatible with the hardware in the vehicle (or a similar message, can't remember the exact message).

I was able to update the SatNav maps successfully, prior to trying to update the firmware.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had this on my 308 doing the update and tried a variety of things, this is what worked:

1. The directory on the USB stick for the licence file needed to be in lower case folder off the root directory - "license" (they variously in the documentation use both upper and lower case).
2. The licence file needs to end in .key (my Mac appended .txt on the end).

Once both these were fixed the update completed. But I can't see any difference on the 308. I was hoping it might enabled the wifi hotspot but that's still the same - you can connect but you can't see anything else on the network you've connected to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem. Finally I found out that I had incorrect VIN in MyPeugeot app so dle link end FW licence were not for my HW (auto).
Everything OK after correcting the VIN and using the new links for download and FW update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, has anyone else had an issue with the firmware update where they've downloaded the update from the link sent via the MyPeugeot App phone but when they've tried to run the update from a usb stick it comes up with a message that it's not compatible with the hardware in the vehicle (or a similar message, can't remember the exact message).

I was able to update the SatNav maps successfully, prior to trying to update the firmware.

Regards,

Chris
Are you 100% sure that you have entered correct VIN in you MyPeugeot applikaction? I used a wrong one and had the same messages (problem).

·
Registered
240 Posts
system is really faster after update. no more waiting before it loads menu..
camera works faster also

·
Registered
30 Posts
I updated to 21.07.16.32_NAC-r0 last night.

From my limited 1/2 day use I have not noticed any difference in speed or functionality. Speed wise it is okay, it is what I would expect from a motorcar's media unit.

I am still on 7.0.0-r0 for mapping, I will update soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great news
This update has fixed the stutter / micro pause when cross-fading tracks in Spotify over Bluetooth.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i wish they improved camera loading speed when you start the car and select reverse - it loads camera options for toooo long.. and picture goes by slides also for a minute or so

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I wish there was a possibility to upgrade the cameras, they are so low res it is unbelievable.
Yes they do their job, but sometimes the video quality seems very poor. I have seen much better cameras on much cheaper cars.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
my new 5008 came with 21.07.16.32_NAC-r0
and version 7 of maps,

I just upgraded maps to v11

I'm hoping that Peugeot are working on wireless connectivity for Android auto for a future firmware update. the cars hardware seems capable as it's already got wifi direct which I think is the only new pre-requisite for implementing android auto without plugging in a cable, I can then just drop my phone on the wireless charging plate and connect without messing with wires.

·
Registered
240 Posts
hi everyone. need your help a bit
can anyone with latest NAC version do two test? preferably if someone with GT and non-GT versions.
i need to know how much seconds it is after you press START button and engine starts till:
1) till you can change radio with the scroller on the wheel
2) if you immediately put Reverse gear - till the moment when options for camera get available on the screen (change view, e.t.c.)

it takes a while till any of those two happen on my car, and i believe i saw no such problem when i did a test drive on a GT version (have allure plus myself)
it makes me crazy...
if you can post your times i could compare and see if i still need to go to service with this one or if i can cancel the time next week..:confused:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
hi everyone. need your help a bit
can anyone with latest NAC version do two test? preferably if someone with GT and non-GT versions.
i need to know how much seconds it is after you press START button and engine starts till:
1) till you can change radio with the scroller on the wheel
2) if you immediately put Reverse gear - till the moment when options for camera get available on the screen (change view, e.t.c.)

it takes a while till any of those two happen on my car, and i believe i saw no such problem when i did a test drive on a GT version (have allure plus myself)
it makes me crazy...
if you can post your times i could compare and see if i still need to go to service with this one or if i can cancel the time next week..:confused:
I would not worry if I were you, I think it varies from time to time. Probably depends on many things in the infotainment system and also what is left in the chache memory.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
I wouldn't worry if i could change radio station asap and not to wait for at least one minute listening to some ******* song before it changes the station..
Same goes when you need to drive and switch to 180 degree view, but need to stay and wait for a minute or more...
If it is "normal" - i wish they change the system even if car would cost another 100 euros more...it is insane to have such laggish system in such expensive car

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I understand what you mean. But I think it is in the limits of being considered "normal" laggines, if there is such thing :) Don't forget, it is also not the first, or most probably the last car, with such a slow system. I have seen much more expensive cars with laggy systems.

Even though it may seem like only a 100Euro investment on the current price of the car, it is usually much much more in development costs.
When your target selling price is mid 30k-40k Euros, for such a technology packed car, you must be saving and cutting costs on many things (as much trivial as they may seem to us), but at the same time keep the quality and level of service at a pretty high level I would say.

It is pointless, at least from my point of view, for one to keep himself/herself occupied with such minor deficiencies on the 3008/5008 when almost nothing can be done to improve it on this first generation of cars. When you might expect things to improve? Perhaps with the facelift model (if then), and they will definitely improve with the next major model release.

And yes, it used to annoy me too quite often, but I got used to it. By the time I exit my undergroung garage, the system is usually fully functional (takes about a minute or so), so I just don't mess with it until I am outside.

Just my 2cents on the subject :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
yep, but still it is making me crazy.. i go to my car, start it... some ***** music is starting playing and no way to change the station for at least 45 seconds... and if you are parked between two vans - you definitely do not want to move backwards without having 180 view selected, but you have just to sit and wait for at least one minute... damn these functions should be loaded in memory all the time...
these are the only things which disappoint me in this car...
and when i tried test car (GT model) it had no such long loading times which makes me worried

·
Registered
9 Posts
new NAC

new software available for 5008 as of today

V (for Version)21.07.67.32_NAC-r0 14/05/19

not sure what the improvements are as there's no changelog

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I just updated with this version via usb, but after update, the version and date of system didnt change, and after plug the usb stick agian it says there is update and the number of update is with the same digits? Did someone meet this problem!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts