Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This might be just me being paranoid but came across this forum and thought someone might be able to help.

I bought my Y Reg 2001 206 a less than 2 weeks ago and I've noticed some problems started to show..

Firstly getting the car into 2nd gear is sometimes difficult.

The car judders sometimes when pulling off in 1st.

today i tried to start it to leave work, it started, then lasted a second and cut out, tried to start it again with no joy and the third time it actually started up.

Wondering if anyone could help me with this? It's my first car and as im sure you can understand im really paranoid over it ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers :thumb:

Service was done just before I had it, so you would assume these things have been checked.

Started once since and seems fine, any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

G

·
Hi - and welcome to the Forum!

Can you give us more details, ie engine size, petrol or diesel?

Ok... starting problem - when once started, is the car running fine? It would be best to see if there are any engine management codes lodged... if you have access to a code reader. Also, do you use any throttle when starting? it may be worth experimenting as to what the car likes, ie half throttle or possible none!

The takeup judder will probably be clutch related. If diesel, then it may have a dual mass flywheel is is known to cause problems. If not, it could be worn engine mounts or possibly oil on the clutch plate.

Does the clutch show any other sign of slipping or out of ordinary feeling?

Is it just 2nd gear engagement that is tricky? If it was clutch it would be all gears. Does 4th gear ok? Is it worse when cold or just the same at all times?

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.