Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guess what ive spent my sunday afternoon doing?? heres some photo's to help you decide

this was how we knocked the old sensor out

·
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
sensor removed

new sensor fitted

new discs and pads fitted

i dont think i wasted my money on new discs.do you

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Watch you don`t kiss the windscreen tomorrow at the first junction :lol:

got new front pads on myself saturday,will do discs and pads next time .:thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Sorry Neil mate, your pics aren't clear enough. I'm guessing you spent your sunday afternoon playing golf?:lol:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Trem1 was it the ABS Sensor that failed what indication did you get and how did you know it was that side?
Ive got a grumbling bearing on the way out on the rear of my 54 plate 407 your photos have helped me a little next job to replace the bearing after deciding whether its near or off side. A tech help guide on replacing bearings would be good. Might take some photos along the way.

·
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trem1 was it the ABS Sensor that failed what indication did you get and how did you know it was that side?
Ive got a grumbling bearing on the way out on the rear of my 54 plate 407 your photos have helped me a little next job to replace the bearing after deciding whether its near or off side. A tech help guide on replacing bearings would be good. Might take some photos along the way.
yes it was the abs sensors that had failed, the car flashed up ABS/ESP inop warning and abs light on,on the dash and cck2k9 diagnozed that it was BOTh rear sensors with planet.
Whats the mileage on yours as ive not heard of any wheel-bearings failing as yet
Neil

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good job Trem. Fair to say i think you got your money's worth with them discs!!! Callipers look good too.

.... wheel bearing.. replaced one at 137000miles.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My 407 has done 151850 miles but which side is anyones guess at the minute I thnk it may be nearside. Does anyone know the stub axle nut size there is some question whether its 41mm or 40mm cant find a 40mm socket for love nor money however a 41mm is a standard size do you know?

·
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
servicebox doesnt give anything away.sorry

·
Registered
190 Posts
Newspaperman...

Soooo good to see another 'highmiler' im not the only one!!!

Driving home tonight (on my track) i noticed anything above 75 made the whole car seems to 'shake'. I even felt it through the accelerator. I checked the tyre pressure as it was almost as if my tyres were over inflated. Major vibration and felt every single bump. With the mileage i wonder if it could be the shocks or dreaded ball joints. :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
I've found with mine that just 2 psi ish will make the ride so much harder, and you do feel EVERY bump in the road... take a bit of air out and the ride is much smoother - got them to the 35-36psi they should be :thumb:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ive had mine exactly 12 months next week. 3 weeks after buying it i was on the M58 and the car went for a wander across a lane I crapped meself eventually i had to pull over as I thought my wheels were not attached to the car. the nearside balljoint had separated and started to kick the nearside front wheel out. All the bolts in the balljoint were gone not there vamooshed. I was one lucky boy I can tell you. if i hadnt of read up on the faults i coud of ended up in the central reservation minus a wheel bumper wing and my life. Pays to read up and join a forum like this saved my life

·
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 36 Posts