Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums.

It may not be fast and sporty (yet), but you can make the best of what it is, and gain those valuable no-claims years.
You really should shop around for insurance, - and strip off all the unecessary stuff they add on. Opt to pay the maximum excess, and the lowest value they will let you have. - Watch out on this one though, there is a lower limit - but they won't want to tell you this. just alter the value it's insured for untill it starts to affect the premium - and stick to the minumum - it's unlikely you will write the car of completely.

I had a 1.1 beige fiesta ( yes I know :eek: ) for my first 3 years - and still managed to shove the foglight into the boot when I reversed on gravel - into a rock, so just consider your first car as a disposable learning machine.

Most important mods you could probably do is just plain maintenance - keep the strut tops oiled and stop the rot in the sills and around the back end with a waxoyl/ oil mix. Keep up with anything that falls off along the way - brakes, coolant, oilseals, and you should be able to sell it without loosing too much cash on it.

You could still put a decent sound system in it, and paint is cheap.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts