Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my brakes are working perfect, but the tears are looking aweful!

So here's a picture of the rear ones, I think they are the non bearing ones as they have the torx bolt, where as the bearing ones don't seem to have these holes?!?

Can anyone confirm which type I have??

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
You are fortunate to have discs without the hub & bearing. Give the torx screws a soak with penetrating oil for a while before attempting to remove them though. That particular side looks like one is missing but no big deal as they are only really to locate the disc to stop them rotating on the hub. It's a pig to put the wheels back on if the disc can rotate :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
lucky you.

my rear brakes are the hub/bearing type. But i was wanting to change the rear bearings anyway.

my rear discs were actually fine until a caliper stuck and wrecked the disc (big gouge out the disc)

I was disapointed that my new discs rusted almost immediatly in the wet weather,

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I was disapointed that my new discs rusted almost immediatly in the wet weather,
All steel discs will rust in a short time even without wet weather. When new, the braking surface has a protective coat to prevent it rusting and pitting but once cleaned off before fitting the whole disc is untreated. I suppose you could paint the non braking surface to prevent it rusting but the brake surface will show signs of rust when unused for a time, especially if the air has a high moisture content.

G

·
0 Posts
All steel discs will rust in a short time even without wet weather. When new, the braking surface has a protective coat to prevent it rusting and pitting but once cleaned off before fitting the whole disc is untreated. I suppose you could paint the non braking surface to prevent it rusting but the brake surface will show signs of rust when unused for a time, especially if the air has a high moisture content.
I sprayed my new discs in silver paint, over all the surfaces, and lacquered them too - they still look really nice after 2 years..:thumb:

The brake pads will wear through the paint where it touches the disc in the first few miles anyway, the rest is left nice and shiny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts