Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the My Peugeot app, the way it logs your journeys and gives you all the info m.p.g etc. I also like the CarPlay for my Apple iPhone so I can control my music. Unfortunately when you plug your phone in for CarPlay your journey is no longer synced with my Peugeot app as it disconnects the Bluetooth. Seems a bit daft to me that, anyone know of a workaround to keep the Bluetooth on?

· Registered
1,616 Posts
My solution is cheap Chinese Android phone with wireless charging adapter running Bluetooth & myapp and iphone connected to Carplay. Information from the app can be synced to the iPhone if you wish.

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep you're right guys- that's a relief. Did a couple of journeys using apple CarPlay and nothing was recorded on the app. Next journey I just had the phone connected by Bluetooth. Got home and checked the app and all the journeys were there. Pleased about that :)

· Registered
1,243 Posts
I really like the My Peugeot app, the way it logs your journeys and gives you all the info m.p.g etc. I also like the CarPlay for my Apple iPhone so I can control my music. Unfortunately when you plug your phone in for CarPlay your journey is no longer synced with my Peugeot app as it disconnects the Bluetooth. Seems a bit daft to me that, anyone know of a workaround to keep the Bluetooth on?
What model shamilt?.
(signature?)

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Click on my user name Nagaman and the signature is there. Not sure how to add it to every post I do because I usually post from an app called AutoGuide, but at your request I added it to my details on the proper site. Not sure how it applies to this topic because afaik all models connect to the app and have CarPlay anyway.

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Click on my user name Nagaman and the signature is there. Not sure how to add it to every post I do because I usually post from an app called AutoGuide, but at your request I added it to my details on the proper site. Not sure how it applies to this topic because afaik all models connect to the app and have CarPlay anyway.
Bewdy mate.

ps; I wish we could have your option of the 1.2 but old 'beliefs' tend to reign here.

· Registered
136 Posts
Maybe he just likes to Nag :)

· Registered
1,616 Posts
I now know a couple of reasons why myapp on my iPhone is missing some of my journeys:

1. I also have myapp installed on my Android phone although I don’t think it has been running and I rarely have the phone in the car with me anyway.
2. The car might see the Android phone as the Bluetooth connection for data and therefore not see my iPhone.

My journey to and from Somerset did not register on my Android phone (with me for music) nor my iPhone. Later journeys have registered but I'm missing three days of motoring.

What I’d like to know is where has my trip information disappeared to and is it retrievable? My guess is no it isn’t!

· Registered
1,243 Posts
I now know a couple of reasons why myapp on my iPhone is missing some of my journeys:

1. I also have myapp installed on my Android phone although I don’t think it has been running and I rarely have the phone in the car with me anyway.
2. The car might see the Android phone as the Bluetooth connection for data and therefore not see my iPhone.

My journey to and from Somerset did not register on my Android phone (with me for music) nor my iPhone. Later journeys have registered but I'm missing three days of motoring.

What I’d like to know is where has my trip information disappeared to and is it retrievable? My guess is no it isn’t!
The NSA borrowed it:lol:

· Registered
1,302 Posts

If it works similar to the system on my Benz Chris then the simple answer will be that all trip data is stored on the vehicle. The only time you lose it is either the battery on the car has been removed or the cars software has either been reset or updated.
Previous trip data should still be available to download and done so once a two way bluetooth connection has been established.

What I would do is this:- whilst seated in the car pick up your iPhone and power it down using a hard reset (phones previous to iPhone 7 & 7 Plus means press and hold BOTH the Power & Home buttons until you see the Apple Logo appear. If it's an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus then you press and hold BOTH the Power & Volume Down buttons again until the Apple Logo appears).
Now let the iPhone reboot.
Once it has completed turn Off Bluetooth then turn it back on again.
Finally, by looking at the iPhone's Settings App check the cars Bluetooth is showing as Connected.
If that is okay then run the MyPeugeot App and see if it picks up the missing trip data.

· Registered
683 Posts
Mine occasionally misses trips whatever reason I don't know, they must be stored on the car because I'll get in the car next day do a trip go into myPeugeot app it will show the trips it missed.

· Registered
857 Posts
Mine occasionally misses trips whatever reason I don't know, they must be stored on the car because I'll get in the car next day do a trip go into myPeugeot app it will show the trips it missed.
On the odd occasion I don't take my phone with me the app is updated with those journeys the next time it connects.....

One question springs to mind though....I will, hopefully, be getting my replacement car in the next few days/weeks so when they come to resell my current car and the new owner installs myPeugeot will all my past journeys,destinations etc be shown on their device.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Morning Yorky,

My guess is they will have to do a system reset to clear the data you have added to the system. I would think they would have to do this to satisfy EU data protection rules.
It may be that the vehicle will not be resold but go back to Peugeot R & D back in France to be investigated..

I know of an early 807 that went back to France back in 2003.

Grumpy

· Registered
857 Posts
Morning Yorky,

My guess is they will have to do a system reset to clear the data you have added to the system. I would think they would have to do this to satisfy EU data protection rules.
It may be that the vehicle will not be resold but go back to Peugeot R & D back in France to be investigated..

I know of an early 807 that went back to France back in 2003.

Grumpy
I think they will resell as the problem was brought up by the chief tech at my dealership when he went on a course run by the Peugeot UK chief tech.

Their man couldn't understand why a replacement NAC unit hadn't been fitted and, after hearing neither Peugeot or Continental were accepting responsibility, he authorised the replacement. So the part is on order and will be fitted once they get the car from me.

As I'd already rejected it before this fix was authorised I still get the replacement car.

I'll have to make sure they wipe the system when I finally exchange.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.