Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a short trip home from work today ( 7.5 miles) and reset cars trip before I set off. When I got home the MPG on trip computer read 36 MPG, but the MyPeugeot app said it was 50.3 MPG. I would've thought that both values would be roughly the same?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
7.5 miles is nowhere near enough to get a reliable MPG figure. It needs to use a few gallons not 0.2 of a gallon. Over time the reading will get close to a real world number. Worrying about a discrepancy on such a short journey is pointless. As for the discrepancy - who's to say the formula in the app is the same as the formula in the trip computer ?
I'm not worrying storeman simply wondering. I'm not looking for a complete MPG evaluation of the car, I'm just after the MPG of a particular journey and 7 miles is fine for that. As for the formula's been different there is onIy one- miles done divided by fuel used.
I'm off on a 150 mile round trip on Sunday so it'll be interesting to see if the app gets its figure closer to the cars.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As for the formula's been different there is onIy one- miles done divided by fuel used.
If they give different values, they self-evidently are using different data. My guess is that the app is using data averaged over a longer time period. It shouldn't do that if you operated the app correctly, so if that's the case it's probably a coding fault.
I agree that the app has to be using different data, but as it gets the data from the car I don't know why that is. The app varies a lot with the MPG data where as the car is more consistent, so I guess it's a problem with the app.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Storeman- at the end of any trip your car sends data to the MYPEUGEOT app - which includes FUEL CONSUMPTION amongst other things. So when the journey has finished and you turn your engine off, the car sends the fuel consumption figure to the app- so when it's warming up or using extra fuel will be taken into account. I don't know why the figures on my trip and the app are sometimes so different and by the looks of things neither do you. I guess it's not that important anyway but a big thanks to you for all your help on the matter :):)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.