Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys - well if its not one thing thens its another...got a 307 1.6hdi , went out of town today and just when i got on the motorway i switched my aircon on and imediately the "anti polution" message came up and the engine managemnet light lit up on the dash...i dont know if this was just a coincidence it happened at that time or what.....anyway, car was driving fine, no "stop" message appeared...i drove to my destination about 40 miles away...upon the return journey...when i started the car, the engine management light and anti polution warning cam on , it was struggling to pick up speed, i think it went into limp mode...anyway about 7 miles later the car wouldnt pick up any speed and struggled to move from start...i pulled up on the hard shoulder and had to be towed home.....any ideas what it could be ?..i know i have to get it hooked up to a computer...but thought some advice and idea might be helpful....car wont start now...and it also shows "economy mode active" on the display when i try to start it...really fed up with this car :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bettyswollocks said:
Did you check battery power?
battery seems to be fine...? as evrything on the dash lights up....how would i check if there is enough power in the battery ?...would removing the battery and charging it or jump starting it from another car make it start ?....need to sort this asap as its my only means of getting to work,,,,

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
DON`T JUMP START !!!!!!!!!!

Can you put a meter on it to see if it`s dying , or swap with another in the household that has a good battery

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bettyswollocks said:

Can you put a meter on it to see if it`s dying , or swap with another in the household that has a good battery
ok jump starting is a BAD IDEA :eek: .....will have to see if i can borrow a battery from someone or somewhere...will post back....ta

·
Registered
150 Posts
bettyswollocks said:

whats wrong with jump starting?

·
Registered
150 Posts
ecrichlow said:
It can Kill your car's computer ECU.
ok thanks for reply,thats good to no i jumped started my audi a4 many over the years with no probs is it only on peugeots this would happen to

·
Registered
91 Posts
Im pretty new around here and to peugeots but i read on here that low fluids can make the economy mode warning come on, it might be worth checking all fluid levels are at maximum.
About the other warning the Anti Pollution isn't that when the diesel additive is low?.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ok an update...battery was charged.....so i thought id try and start it....on turning the ignition on...the "economy active mode" didnt come on, also the car started for about 3-4 secs, but quickly cut out after that and wouldnt start, i did however notice that just before it went out the "coil" light lit up for a split second , i think this is the Diesel engine preheating light...perhaps this is the problem ?just hope it is as the FAP filter is £320 from euro carparts....having trouble finding a local mobile diagnostic mechanic...

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
theblob said:
Im pretty new around here and to peugeots but i read on here that low fluids can make the economy mode warning come on, it might be worth checking all fluid levels are at maximum.
About the other warning the Anti Pollution isn't that when the diesel additive is low?.
Anti pollution is just the generic name for any fault.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok had diagnostic done got the following error codes

P0489 - EGR VALVE
UNKNOWN CODE - FUEL PRESSURE LOW

can the egr valve be cleaned ?..if so where is it ?

fuel pressure - possible fuel pump knackered ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks "bettyswallocks"...is this a type of "fuel pump" on the tank or is it just a "filter"....i understand that there is the main fuel pump on the engine...which is very expensive to replace and im hoping that its not that one...will post back..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello,

I have a sort of similar problem at the moment and I needed to take out my fuel pump. One problem that I ran into (and you might as well) is that the bloody locking ring was jammed in there so tight that I couldn't undo it.

After much swearing and aggravation I realised that by using a pair of garden shears as a sort of clamp and wrench I could apply enough pressure to turn it. Need to be careful though not to nick the fuel or power lines. If you have to do this, maybe put rubber or tape over the sharp edges. Hope yours comes out easily though and you don't have to worry about that.

I'm still waiting for the fuel pump motor to arrive. So Pug still idle in driveway. I'm not replacing the whole assembly. Way too expensive. $600aud for new one, $300 for wreckers and who knows how long that would last.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts