Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just signed up for this forum as I’ve been having a few annoying intermittent issues with the app and e-remote and wanted to see if other were seeing the same issues.
Basically I’ve been experimenting with the delay charge feature and setting it both within the app and within the car itself. Sometimes it works and starts at the requested time and sometimes it doesn’t start atall! Anyone else getting this?
Also sometimes the app will not refresh the information about the charge etc until you go back and open the door etc to wake the car back up.
The climate schedule thing seems to working ok but haven’t used that a lot yet.
Also I’m quite annoyed you cannot set a max charge % or an end time to the charge. This would be great as I could just plug in after a journey without using the delay feature and just know that it will get to 80% for example and then stop, or if I needed it for a long journey next just switch that limit off.
Basically I’m just really disappointed with the limited features of the app and the poor robustness of the app which was one of the key features of the car for me.
I hope some updates come along soon to add more features and more robustness.

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome.

Yes to all your points. If you see my previous posts I've had a number of issues since I got the car. The latest is the inoperability of the e-Remote Control since I had a non working telematic unit (connected services) replaced a couple of weeks ago. Think Peugeot's problem is the app is same for ICE and versions with different functions for both. Would have (will) be better with 2 separate apps built from the ground up. Very lazy Devs trying to do it on the cheap imo. I suggest you raise an issue with the Peugeot customer service through the app. You won't hear anything back so after about a week call them(takes a while to get an answer) quote your reference number and make all your points to them. There is only one person that deals with EV queries and she is illusive. I've already raised the issue of stopping scheduled charges and stipulated percentages to stop the charge to preserve battery life and finction. The more we bang on about it the more chance of action.

Regards

Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave and welcome.

Yes to all your points. If you see my previous posts I've had a number of issues since I got the car. The latest is the inoperability of the e-Remote Control since I had a non working telematic unit (connected services) replaced a couple of weeks ago. Think Peugeot's problem is the app is same for ICE and versions with different functions for both. Would have (will) be better with 2 separate apps built from the ground up. Very lazy Devs trying to do it on the cheap imo. I suggest you raise an issue with the Peugeot customer service through the app. You won't hear anything back so after about a week call them(takes a while to get an answer) quote your reference number and make all your points to them. There is only one person that deals with EV queries and she is illusive. I've already raised the issue of stopping scheduled charges and stipulated percentages to stop the charge to preserve battery life and finction. The more we bang on about it the more chance of action.

Regards

Matt
The funny thing is I just went to write my feedback to Peugeot via the app but once I’ve written my text the “send” button disappears and won’t come back! It’s so bad I can’t even send feedback through it!
That’s on an iPhone for info.

·
Registered
57 Posts
App update available at Google play store.....what's new doesn't instill much confidence. We will see?
Screenshot_20200922-201456.png

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having a similar experience. Got a new e-2008 and cannot get any info on charge etc. I also can’t connect the car to Wi-Fi, I thought that may get it to work. I seem to get to live traffic info. I’ve raised the issue with Peugeot and I was supposed to get a call back over a week ago. I’m thinking of taking it into the dealer.
Is the general consensus that it’s an app issue or could there be an issue with the car?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’m having a similar experience. Got a new e-2008 and cannot get any info on charge etc. I also can’t connect the car to Wi-Fi, I thought that may get it to work. I seem to get to live traffic info. I’ve raised the issue with Peugeot and I was supposed to get a call back over a week ago. I’m thinking of taking it into the dealer.
Is the general consensus that it’s an app issue or could there be an issue with the car?
Hi

I'm tending to think it's an app thing now. They need a dedicated EV only app not a EV/ICE hybrid as it were. IMO the app in its current form is broken.

Peugeot customer service....if you read these forums sort it out! ....is not great. I spoke to the supposed expert on EV's and was told my issue would be passed to their IT team and escalated. That was on 4th September and and since then not a word heard from them.

I know 208/2008 EVs are a new direction for Peugeot, but a little transparency and better customer service, especially with us early adopters, would be nice.

BTW my dealer is learning about these new platforms so wouldn't think you'll get much help with the app from them, hope I'm wrong and you can get sorted.

Must say though but for this and a couple of niggles I've had I love driving the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I'm tending to think it's an app thing now. They need a dedicated EV only app not a EV/ICE hybrid as it were. IMO the app in its current form is broken.

Peugeot customer service....if you read these forums sort it out! ....is not great. I spoke to the supposed expert on EV's and was told my issue would be passed to their IT team and escalated. That was on 4th September and and since then not a word heard from them.

I know 208/2008 EVs are a new direction for Peugeot, but a little transparency and better customer service, especially with us early adopters, would be nice.

BTW my dealer is learning about these new platforms so wouldn't think you'll get much help with the app from them, hope I'm wrong and you can get sorted.

Must say though but for this and a couple of niggles I've had I love driving the car.
I agree the car is great. My experience has been great with the e2008 the app experience is the only thing that really lets it down, it’s not the end of the world though. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys, just signed up for this forum as I’ve been having a few annoying intermittent issues with the app and e-remote and wanted to see if other were seeing the same issues.
Basically I’ve been experimenting with the delay charge feature and setting it both within the app and within the car itself. Sometimes it works and starts at the requested time and sometimes it doesn’t start atall! Anyone else getting this?
Also sometimes the app will not refresh the information about the charge etc until you go back and open the door etc to wake the car back up.
The climate schedule thing seems to working ok but haven’t used that a lot yet.
Also I’m quite annoyed you cannot set a max charge % or an end time to the charge. This would be great as I could just plug in after a journey without using the delay feature and just know that it will get to 80% for example and then stop, or if I needed it for a long journey next just switch that limit off.
Basically I’m just really disappointed with the limited features of the app and the poor robustness of the app which was one of the key features of the car for me.
I hope some updates come along soon to add more features and more robustness.

Cheers, Dave
Hi Dave

I kinda gave up on the peugeot app for charging, i only use the app provided by the charging robot i have. using the peugeot app is tedious and it crashes on a constant basis, not good design and poor user interface imho.
Peugeot should step up their game and look at apps that actually works and informs the user, i think its more of a data collector for peugeot, rather than a tool for the owner

regards

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, I'm headed that way too. Peugeot customer services have been of little assistance.

Saw a YouTube video about the eNiro and how it charges. You can set a start time, a stop time and the max percentage to stop at too. All done from the infotainment screen in the car.

Peugeot why can't you do something like that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts